Qt 6.7 Released With Many Improvements For This Cross-Platform Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 6.7 Released With Many Improvements For This Cross-Platform Toolkit

Phoronix: Qt 6.7 Released With Many Improvements For This Cross-Platform Toolkit

Qt 6.7 is out as the newest feature update to this cross-platform, commercial-focused toolkit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

• Support preparations for C++20.
    What does it mean? Was building an app using Qt 6 with C++20 support enabled in the compiler impossible before?

Comment

Originally posted by aviallon View Post
      What does it mean? Was building an app using Qt 6 with C++20 support enabled in the compiler impossible before?
      No, that was already possible.

The blog referenced by the article has more details and some examples.

Comment

This is great news, KDE6 was using a beta version of Qt6.7 before the final release, I'm guessing this will iron out a few issues.

Comment

This release should have a fix for ugly emboldening with NotoSans "variable" TTF fonts (installed/used in Fedora KDE by default).

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            This is great news, KDE6 was using a beta version of Qt6.7 before the final release, I'm guessing this will iron out a few issues.
            officially plasma 6 is supposed to be built against 6.6, I think it's just arch that built it against the wip 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post

officially plasma 6 is supposed to be built against 6.6, I think it's just arch that built it against the wip 6.7
              Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Oh well, no harm, no foul I guess.

Comment

Unfortunately, Plasma 6.0 does not build with Qt 6.7 - quite a few parts of it rely on the xdg-shell-v6 unstable protocol that Qt 6.6 implemented but was dropped at the last minute from Qt 6.7. This isn't really *a* problem - there's a stable protocol and GTK also dropped the unstable protocol - but now that KDE released Qt 6.7 to Neon testing (that is still running Plasma 6.0), we get all the breakage.

Comment

Working...
                X