• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleid View Post
    Inkscape is now on gtk4.
    RIP

Now that's not productive software.

You can even build libreoffice with gtk4 UI.

Thanks, no.

Comment

Be Me: 'Hey maybe we should make software easier to rebase and agnostic as release schedules become shorter'
      Rando Phoronix Forums User: ' [ Insert Ad-hominem Attack] + Are you literally retarted? You should kill yourself'
      Thanks User from Germany. Stay classy.

Comment

Originally posted by Monsterovich View Post
        RIP

Why is Inkscape not productive software? What do you define as productive software? It would seem to me that you don't even know what being productive means

Comment

There is such a thing called backward compatibility, but GTK developers are not competent enough and don't know about it.
          Backwards compatibility only has drawbacks. If you never break compatibility, you end up with a historic pile of garbage like Windows. Thanks, but no thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post

I think we have all figured that out by now.

You spend all your life filled with hate and focussing on things you dont like.

I would have thought you would prefer to be happy and run freely in the fields of the posts on KDE6 or Cosmic, or some Window manager, but alas you pollute our existence with your hate instead.
            As much as I like those type of comments, let's be honest: GTK 4 in dark mode, at least for me, is very... UGH.
            For example, I saw HandBrake becoming this weird "shades of grey" instead of the "consistent gray" that GTK 3 theming was.

Skill issue maybe?
            I'm open to suggestion and opinions.

EDIT: Well, OBS uses GTK4 and I think it's beautiful, so ultimately I think that HandBrake devs just don't give a shit about "LinGUI".
            Last edited by Delta_44; 25 March 2024, 06:12 PM.

Comment

The main complaint about CSD is that it is not switchable in the framework. You have to patch libgtk3 to disable it, and sometimes even that is not enough. See:

https://github.com/lah7/gtk3-classic...ent-1649301015
              That's an issue of that GTK+ 3 fork, not of CSD or GTK.

I won't repeat my arguments about CSD being generally anti-pattern, which breaks the behavior of window managers and their visual appearance.
              Well thank god you won't elaborate on those lies.

Comment

RIP

It's more productive than anything you have done and will do in your entire life though...

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

Thanks User from Germany. Stay classy.
                  If you don't know what you are talking about, maybe just don't talk at all. Or at least buy yourself a dictionary so you may one day actually understand the big words you are throwing around.

Comment

Why is Inkscape not productive software? What do you define as productive software? It would seem to me that you don't even know what being productive means
                    Obviously he doesn't. He's a pathetic moron. "productive" for him merely means "fitting into my narrow-minded world view" and has absolutely nothing to do with productivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Artim View Post
                      Backwards compatibility only has drawbacks. If you never break compatibility, you end up with a historic pile of garbage like Windows. Thanks, but no thanks,
                      Facepalm. Are you really that stupid or are you just a troll?

An OS which components don't have backward compatibility deserves its 2% on the market.

But I think it's some kind of intentional sabotage of GNU/Linux distros.

Comment

Working...
                      X