Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Rockets Ahead Of Ubuntu Linux On The Core i9 11900K For Some Workloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slacka View Post

Something is very, very wrong with your setup. My work laptop boots up instantaneously with a NVMe SSD. Hell, even my dual-boot home PC on a 5 yo. PC with a mechanical HHD takes only a few of seconds. And no, I have the hybrid fast boot/hibernation feature disabled, so that NTFS partition isn't read-only when I'm in Linux.
    OK, I just timed it (2012-era laptop).

Windows (fast boot off, hibernation off, 5400 RPM HDD, near clean installation with very few programs (none of them open on startup)) takes:
    - 46 seconds to boot (the time the Windows logo is visible)
    - 7 seconds on a black screen
    - 52 seconds on Please wait screen
    - 4 seconds to the login screen
    - 9 seconds to the desktop
    - 46 seconds for the desktop to finish loading and be barely usable
    - 14 seconds for the Start menu to appear (!!!, Windows 7 took less than half second)
    - 20 seconds for other tasks to finish
    - Probably longer for all startup tasks to have finished their course (and I don't have too many, I mean the only task I have is Boot Camp (which is know for taking long))
    ....for a total of around 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

macOS takes:
    - 94 seconds to boot (the time the Apple logo is visible)
    - 20 seconds to the desktop
    ....for a total of 1 minute and 54 seconds.

Linux (GNOME) takes:
    - 20 seconds to boot
    - 35 seconds to the login screen
    - 40 seconds to the desktop
    ....for a total of 1 minute and 35 seconds

Linux (KDE) takes the same amount of time...

Comment

I really would like to see if the mitigations were enabled in windows and which governor was used in ubuntu...

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
        For me you are:

comment_HMNsYDAGg5ytwLaqcZp2cLofbutMYx11.jpg (640×480) (wykop.pl)

Your American CPU send your top secret data to NSA when you on american site or server.

You even didn't notice that collect data because work under x86 layer.

Try isolated your CPU by flatpak lol .

Comment

Nie wysyłaj mi swoich zdjęć pajacu.

Your American CPU send your top secret data to NSA when you on american site or server.

You even didn't notice that collect data because work under x86 layer.
          Try again, maybe in your native language. P.S. with such 'great' English skills I bet you're working at the parking lot of your 'big' company.

Try isolated your CPU by flatpak lol .
          Are you really so dumb? There are CPU mitigations, but you probably never heard of it.
          Last edited by Volta; 16 April 2021, 05:38 AM.

Comment

HEL88

From MS:

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to.
            You can put your tinfoil hat on your empty head now.

Comment

Nie wysyłaj mi swoich zdjęć pajacu.

Try again, maybe in your native language. P.S. with such 'great' English skills I bet you're working at the parking lot of your 'big' company.
              You are work on call line or other customer service, so you have to have good language skills, but don't I have to. They pay me for my technical skills.

Are you really so dumb? There are CPU mitigations, but you probably never heard of it.
              You are

Manwithtinfoilhat.jpg (2448×3264) (wikimedia.org)

with persecution mania. It seems to you that every colesd source program is stealing your garbage data from your disk. I pity you.

(no, CPU mitigations has nothing to do with it, but you probably don't know how this works - CPU mitigations ONLY protect data form other process, but not the processor itself)
              Last edited by HEL88; 17 April 2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

HEL88

From MS:
                This post in EULA has been absent for several years - you dump.

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

No, idiot. There's similar one. Try again. P.S. m$ started to care about users privacy now? They didn't care before like EULA states. You don't have to tell me where you're coming from.
                  Last edited by Volta; 18 April 2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

You are work on call line or other customer service, so you have to have good language skills, but don't I have to. They pay me for my technical skills.
                    Oh, I got it. Your skills with a broom are very high level, I guess.

(no, CPU mitigations has nothing to do with it, but you probably don't know how this works - CPU mitigations ONLY protect data form other process, but not the processor itself)
                    with persecution mania. It seems to you that every CPU is stealing your garbage data from your disk. I pity you.
                    Like I said: put your tinfoil hat on your empty head. It seems they didn't teach you reading comprehension skills as well. It's probably because you never saw a school bench. You should protect your last brain cells from yourself.
                    Last edited by Volta; 18 April 2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Well, they HAVE BEEN.

With mafia tone: "And you better pray we don't change those again" (because we can at any time we please)

Comment

Working...
                      X