Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    Surpassed is a more appropriate word.
    "Breaches" attracts more trolling. I presume that is why he chose to use that particular word.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Surpassed is a more appropriate word.
      Breached is fine. It's time to separate the saucer.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
        But it'll be too late!...
        Heed this warning, nonbelievers! :P

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
          Heed this warning, nonbelievers! :P
          Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
            The day that SystemD is fully modular, distros can pick whatever they want, each new release is focused on speed and stability, is the day that i stop bitching about it.
            That day is now. Try downloading the source tree and check all the stuff you can ./configure in and out of it. There's no need to install everything (or, indeed, anything)

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              There isn't ONE mention that the Systemd repository contains far far more than just systemd init itself.
              That's the main point anti-systemd folks harp on...
              And the article talks about the networking portion of systemd, so you're wrong.

What is the most likely thing that happens when you mention that "Systemd is getting very big" as it seems in the whole article? People click on the article...
              Do you mean in the headline? Otherwise, that doesn't make sense. How can you read "the whole article" and then click on the article?

...to know more and maybe troll also in the forums.
              How is that deceiving/clickbait? You can say that about almost any article on Phoronix.

Comment

It's great that systemd makes distributors' jobs easier. As an end user, all I know about systemd is it absorbs the error messages reported by existing infrastructure replacing it with irrelevant garbage that is frustrating to google when it doesn't boot. Linux used to tell you exactly what was going on at all times during boot so it would be possible for end users to understand and fix. Windows never tells the end user anything either, but more or less works with everything and there are endless forums detailing how to get it to work despite major random changes every version.

Comment

One million lines is a good start. Next stop for systemd, one billion lines of code! #OneBillionLines

Comment

Originally posted by eigenlambda View Post
                    It's great that systemd makes distributors' jobs easier. As an end user, all I know about systemd is it absorbs the error messages reported by existing infrastructure replacing it with irrelevant garbage that is frustrating to google when it doesn't boot. Linux used to tell you exactly what was going on at all times during boot so it would be possible for end users to understand and fix. Windows never tells the end user anything either, but more or less works with everything and there are endless forums detailing how to get it to work despite major random changes every version.

That had absolutely nothing to do with systemd. That's distro maintainers wanting their boot loaders and boot process to feature a lot of useless candy because they think it is appealing to noobs. Thing is, people who are drawn to that are generally not the type who should be getting into Linux.

I've been using Gentoo for over 15 years, the last 5 with systemd and I still show all the text terminal output during boot.

Comment

Guys, guys, guys...... calm down.

[Michael submits story about Microsoft forking Mir and taking nVidia away from Wayland]

Pitchfork Time!

Comment

Working...
                      X