No announcement yet.

systemd Breached One Million Lines Of Code In 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job, but isn't it the right time to cleaning up the code? More rows of the code have not significant correlation with quality of the code.

Comment

Less lines of code don't mean faster/more performant/leaner/better quality code either.
      The main systemd daemon uses half the memory it did in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Usual clickbait bullshit.
        Just because systemd haters crawl out of the woodwork when they see a systemd news post, that doesn't make it clickbait...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          Just because systemd haters crawl out of the woodwork when they see a systemd news post, that doesn't make it clickbait...
          Unrelated. This is clickbait regardless of haters. There isn't ONE mention that the Systemd repository contains far far more than just systemd init itself.

What is the most likely thing that happens when you mention that "Systemd is getting very big" as it seems in the whole article? People click on the article to know more and maybe troll also in the forums.

Comment

A million lines of code? Sounds about time for it to be all rewritten in Rust

Comment

Isn't it a little early in the year to be poking the trolls?

Comment

Surpassed is a more appropriate word.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                  Surpassed is a more appropriate word.
                  Yeah, or just "reached", I thought it was a security issue and they "leak" data of 1 million something when I glanced over the title

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
                    Do people realize that systemd is really a suite of tools. It’s not a giant monolith. The same like GNU build tools or coreutils. So please stop saying that it’s a giant mess. What this insures is harmony within the tools. The same way all GNU utilities work seemlessly with eath other, whereas before the different Unix tools were a mixed bag from various groups of authors.
                    There is even a joke that head and tail were written by different devs and had different syntaxes.
                    Except that (last time i checked) you can't choose what to install...
                    You either install SystemD, or you don't...
                    And that's my beef with it...

The day that SystemD is fully modular, distros can pick whatever they want, each new release is focused on speed and stability, is the day that i stop bitching about it.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
                      SystemD is an excellent office suite. It's more orderly than libreoffice and has fewer lines of code too. Why don't the haters and trolls recognize this fact? Linux rules on the desktop today because of people like Poettering.
                      You trolling. But i bet the day will come... and that's when even the cynics will see the truth. But it'll be too late!...

Comment

Working...
                      X