Steam Linux Usage Drops Below 1%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Passso View Post
    Watching more benchmarks on Phoronix may prove yourself that you are wrong. (btw there are better ways to improve you soccer skills)
    Where are the benchmarks for Grand Theft Auto: V, Mortal Kombat X and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakl?dder View Post
      Where are the benchmarks for Grand Theft Auto: V, Mortal Kombat X and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?
      Troll Warlord.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rakl?dder View Post

TOB probably slower than that

Comment

• complexity

Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
          I don't understand why some people go crazy about expanding the user base of linux. Is it mandatory for a better life? Just let it be small as it is. As E. F. Schumacher says: small is beautiful. Will you go running on the street with joy naked if linux usage surpasses windows usage? Why is this greed, this grudge, this childish fantasy? Let linux be the OS of a priviledged few who like full control and playful cleverness using their computers and let puberty boys play their GTA whatever crap on windows.
          Then i will explain but its a bit complex,
          Higher userbase of OS that isn't windows ->
          more demand from the developers to utilize more of the market share that isn't using windows ->
          more native code softwares for us ->
          Less hoops to jump through while trying to make a software work/supported.

Comment

• @Tuxee you attacked my post on page 5 why exactly? I didn't say anything that would be considered offensive; unless you feel my percentage was too generous. 11% could hardly be considered offensive unless you felt threatened and one could only feel threatened if they felt I was attacking their OS -- which could only be, in this case, Windows.

I said nothing fanatical. How could suggesting Linux users help people switch be offensive? Your post was like a Worm crawling into the center of an Ant mound in order to disrupt the good intentions of the Community. I think you have a little too much Microsoft in your diet, Sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illasera View Post
              Then i will explain but its a bit complex,
              Higher userbase of OS that isn't windows ->
              more demand from the developers to utilize more of the market share that isn't using windows ->
              more native code softwares for us ->
              Less hoops to jump through while trying to make a software work/supported.
              None of the reasons you provide shows me a reason for puberty boys to play GTA 10 on linux. Only reason for an increase of interest to linux from developers is steam machines' concept, which by combining the PC and console gaming worlds relieves the game companies from bloated console API development costs. And the interest to linux (steam machines) of GTA player puberty boys will come after this in the form of reduced gaming hardware and software costs. These events are strongly linked to linux environment but linux environment itself is not the goal here. Those GTA 10 players won't be contributing code to an opensource project nor are interested in creating something beneficial for the linux community. In the end if you wan't linux to succeed as a platform (both in quantity in users and quality) it is YOU that has to work for it. I wan't YOU for the US army!

Comment

• Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
                None of the reasons you provide shows me a reason for puberty boys to play GTA 10 on linux. Only reason for an increase of interest to linux from developers is steam machines' concept, which by combining the PC and console gaming worlds relieves the game companies from bloated console API development costs. And the interest to linux (steam machines) of GTA player puberty boys will come after this in the form of reduced gaming hardware and software costs. These events are strongly linked to linux environment but linux environment itself is not the goal here. Those GTA 10 players won't be contributing code to an opensource project nor are interested in creating something beneficial for the linux community. In the end if you wan't linux to succeed as a platform (both in quantity in users and quality) it is YOU that has to work for it. I wan't YOU for the US army!
                Puberty boys on Linux generally become Adults on Linux, and as adult they can contribute to the common effort.

Why do you think Microsoft licenses and products are distributed freely (0 ?) in schools and universities in many countries?

Comment

• Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
                  Your outright ignorance and uber-alternativeness are beyond amusing. I won't even bother arguing with somebody who obviously uses Linux not because it can be a useful tool, but because it's not mainstream. However, I would like to show you with this curious piece of statistics about the 2014 gaming demographics:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/201...-what-and-why/

Yeah, most gamers are teenagers... In other news - the moon is made out of cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
                    I won't even bother arguing with somebody who obviously uses Linux not because it can be a useful tool, but because it's not mainstream.
                    Useful tool like what? xbox or steamOS? Useful for what? Play gangster games on steamOS without even the ability to run a calculator so you can count how many people you've killed with your thompson? I say steam and gaming is not the only way to improve linux. And yes I prefer linux to have a smaller user base than filling it with ignorant and selfish scum with a bad childhood. Linux shall be an elite OS and I'm an elitist.

Comment

• I assume gaming should upgrade to 64bit development.

Comment

Working...
                      X