XLennart: A Game For Systemd Haters With Nothing Better To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Yes you should stop developing it if you ask me, and why? I don't need it, simple as that. Both pulseaudio and systemd.
    That's the worst argument ever. No windows user needs Linux and they are more than us (while you're alone against the systemd crowd), let's stop developing it.

Of course, people are also free to leave and search for alternatives if they do not agree how things going on there.
    So leave already.

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Set some nfs entries to /etc/fstab. Systemd will get stuck for over 2 minutes during shutdown and boot because it is too stupid to mount this. Let's ignore the fact my mounts are *not* systemd's concern, it even wants me to use NetwokManager to be able to mount it.
    From my fstab:
    Code:
    dd-wrt:/opt/nfs         /mnt/router     nfs             defaults,user,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,_netdev,x-systemd.device-timeout=5s,x-systemd.automount,noauto,nolock   0 0 
    dd-wrt:/opt/torrent     /mnt/torrent    nfs             defaults,user,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,_netdev,x-systemd.device-timeout=5s,x-systemd.automount,noauto,nolock   0 0
    It's mounted on demand (not at boot) and my shutdowns are rocket fast (around 2 secs). Also systemd doesn't want me to use NetworkManager... So don't blame systemd for your weird setups.

Oh it's a bug? I didn't know. So you have a link to the bugtracker Entry for me? Why is this bug STILL not fixed? I mean systemd was not released yesterday
    Either that or your setup is just f*cked up (I bet the last). If it's a bug it's not fixed cause you never gave a bug report, right?

Are these DESIGN bugs reported, too?
    1) systemd should not even know about networkmanager. It isnt even installed on my system(s)!
    Systemd doesn't know about NM. It works just fine without it.

2) systemd should not Mount anything
    Who else should do that?

3) systemd shouldn't care about my network connections
    systemctl disable systemd-networkd - if it's already disabled it doesn't care about them except that it tries to start network requiring deamons after the network has been setup but every init system does that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
      That interface exists already, it is called systemctl.
      By the way, not everything ending in a d is a systemd part, firewalld for example.
      I guess not everyone remembers d at the end is short for daemon

Comment

• Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        I guess not everyone remembers d at the end is short for daemon
        Really I always thought it was Lennart's way of giving us the dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          It'll be adopted sooner or later. Many FreeBSD developers already know launchd well as they use OSX as desktop OS.
          How sad that they are dedicated to a platform that doesn't even meet their own modest desktop needs. Well, I suppose it's better than the old days, when all the hard core FBSD users ran windows. At least OSX is kissing cousins with FBSD.

Comment

• Stupid game

I just played it and Lennart replaces the init system of a FreeBSD computer. But how could he, systemd only supports Linux!

Comment

• Originally posted by timtas View Post
              I just played it and Lennart replaces the init system of a FreeBSD computer. But how could he, systemd only supports Linux!
              Did you file a bug report?

Comment

• Originally posted by david_lynch View Post
                Did you file a bug report?
                For XLennart or systemd?

Comment

• The most surprising thing about this game is that one of the Lennart-haters actually knows how to code.

Comment

• Originally posted by foobaz View Post
                    The most surprising thing about this game is that one of the Lennart-haters actually knows how to code.
                    That's an exaggeration, I think. One of the Lennart haters knows how to download the XBill source, and do a quick search-and-replace on it. Does that really count?

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                      It'll be adopted sooner or later. Many FreeBSD developers already know launchd well as they use OSX as desktop OS.
                      LOL!

What a complete moron.

Yes retard, the FreeBSD team is looking at the systemd fiasco and "Yes Please!"

It is absolutely hilarious the dimwitted 15 year old Linux kiddies like this dunce Awesomeness' worst threat against FreeBSD is that someone is going to trash our systems with something like Linux's POS systemd.

Watching Linux self-destruct over some clown's absolute junk init system is priceless.

Comment

Working...
                      X