X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
    LOL!

What a complete moron.

Yes retard, the FreeBSD team is looking at the systemd fiasco and "Yes Please!"

It is absolutely hilarious the dimwitted 15 year old Linux kiddies like this dunce Awesomeness' worst threat against FreeBSD is that someone is going to trash our systems with something like Linux's POS systemd.

Watching Linux self-destruct over some clown's absolute junk init system is priceless.
    You will need a galaxy of popcorn. Hope you like the show, refreshes your senses from dull spaghetti scripted slow reality.

Your BSD never reached a status of a star to move to supernova, your destiny is a closed embedded work-horse, tool for everything, master of none.

And do write more retarded comments, its rare case to watch a clown amuse everyone, not just himself, by his own stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
      I wonder how you managed to insert this in your fstab while youre obviously unable to read.
      This approach requires
      a) NetworkManager-wait-for-online.service (something similar, its up to you to google)
      b) overwrite service files for EACH SINGLE MOUNT

I am tired explaining things over and over again to kids who close their eyes and ears. . . -.-
      fstab entries take priority over mount entries.
      When processing fstab nfs point, systemd starts nfs, which requires network-online.target, which brings up networkmanager or any kind of networking service to reach that target. And when waiting, the output is buffered.

Comment

• So many trolls here...
        As long as software doesn't hard-depend on systemd, nobody cares that it doesn't work for 10% of it's users (number completely made up).
        And it never will because bugzilla goes largery ignored and bugs are closed as EWONTFIX/NOTABUG.

I used to like systemd, but since about a year ago it was creating more troubles than benefits (for me).
        Hoping that uselessd gets stable enough for production machines someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
          You are wrong!

You are trying to deceive us...its the only answer to your post..

Gnome cant use QT, and KDE can use GTK...who tould you otherwise...besides, this is not even comparable!!

systemd obrigates you to depend on a lot of tools ,ad crap software, that will turn you after in a vendor lock in position, that's is the truth about it!!
          It was made by...of course a vendor lock in company Red Hat!!
          Ĩt's is good for Red Hat?
          Ofcourse, is the best solution...but for the rest of the people is the worst, because you will face vendor lock in!

The mantainers chooses it??
          NO, the people where forced to use it...because they cannot support a lot of init systems, and SO they opt only for systemd...this is not freddom!!
          A mantainer, that is smart, will try to fullfill the requirements of all the people, in that way, that app will be in more machines...but because systemd is vendor lock in...to suport others init systems, they will have a HUGE work to do...so they say that simply will not support more than one init system...

Why systemd doesn't rely on some api,or something that is standardized to all??
          Why he tries to be a operating system...because systemd, today is not a init system.

I don't understand why you are comparing the kernel linux with systemd...in this way seesm that you agree with me in turning systemd in a specie os operating system?!

I can use the kernel linux with my tools...but I CAN'T use linux+my init system+ my tools...because my tools rely on systemd OS crap!!

The developrs of systemd has the right to create it?
          Of course they have the right...!!

Should DEBIAN OS choose it?
          NOOO, the fredom of DEBIAN OPERATING SYSTEM PROJECT is affected with it, so it hurts debian culture, and the user in general...obviously, it should not be in DEBIAN OS PROJECT!!
          So you are denying the developers of any application that wants to depend on systemd features the freedom to do so and even go so far to tell them that they have fell for some kind of ruse, a conspiracy against free software?
          You also tell us that your freedom as as a user that contributes nothing is more worth than the freedom of the developers to write the software they give to you for free the way they want?
          Wow, I don't know what to say. What again have you done that you think you are entitled to all this?

Maybe it is time to explain to you how open source works: You want to have a software that works in a certain way? Then fucking move your ass and start coding that software, stop the whining on forums and actually start to contribute! Open source is the development model for people that do, not for people that demand. If you want to be entitled to demand go fucking buy your software or pay someone to write it the way you want! If you want to influence the direction Debian is heading to then fucking start to involve yourself in Debian!

In short: No one is owing you anything, stop acting like a spoiled brat and start working for the things you want to have.

Comment

• Hey, you guys remember that game that was based on XBill? But they had replaced Bill Gates for Lennart Poettering? I could've sworn there was a thread about it somewhere....

Comment

• Originally posted by xeekei View Post
              Hey, you guys remember that game that was based on XBill? But they had replaced Bill Gates for Lennart Poettering? I could've sworn there was a thread about it somewhere....
              Not on this forums. This is serious business, nobody cares about playing around.

Comment

• Originally posted by somini View Post
                Why stop there? GNU is a threat to freedom because they release their glibc under a GPL licence!
                Big No, GNU is not vendor lock in!

and GPL is not vendor lock in!!

And even more gpl allows you to use even proprietary software via a api in LGPL license!!

gpl is about FREEDOM, you need to understand more and more what FREEDOM is...

You can use linux+busybox or another, or any other!!
                So linux is not vendor lock in neither!

Comment

• Originally posted by brosis View Post
                  Nah, build a tent, write your own systemd, come back and present it as a systemd replacement, because RH must have agenda, but you - never.
                  yes Red Hat has an agenda...do vendor lock in you, using the mosto of your work it can get...

Originally posted by brosis View Post
                  Do you know why Linux is so retarded? Because it keeps fighting over view angles, constantly breaking the base. No standartisation, no development programs which must compete together to determine the right to get as next standard.
                  Linux is retarded, because it permits that a lot of guys outthere use it and parts of it, puting give amounts of money in their pockets, and none on linux itself!!Yes M$ included here!

Originally posted by brosis View Post
                  My system starts at 1/10 of the time, hibernates effortlessly, init scripts are easy to write. That alone makes me use systemd. You want some "freedom" as in ability to do ANYTHING? - go hack out systemd. Like a kiddie writing on walls with markers, and yelling of disallowed. Or you want some "freedom" as in ability to express self without producing chaos - then go invent something better than systemd and present quantative results.
                  firt of all, me machines starts almost one time a day, and they start fastest than M$ Windows, my servers starts 1 time in at least 3 years...usually 4 years at least

So does you think that GNU/Linux needs systemd...to start in less than 4 seconds??OMG...this is the problem of kids using dektopś/laptops computers..they need always to compare..."mine is biger than yours", in the sence that more is less, which in this case even truth doesn't take the efort, and even more doesn't serve as excuse to take your, all of others freedom away...

GNU/Linux start already fast enough...there are better areas where we shloud drive os effort...for example in driver areas...

I am not against systemd, like I said before...everybody is free to do it or change it whatever..

The problem is ..........................DEBIAN OS PROJECT SHOULD not use it, because it destroys debian culture, and the freddom os their users...that the veterans before US took a big effort to build...its insane, ABOMINATION!!

But hey..., you can use it, and then if you want chnge it and the zillion programas you want , in your pocket os, to use it...i don't care, its your freddom...but don't came destroying debian culture and their freedom(Do it in your OS...)!

But in DEBIAN you should respect the debian culture...this is the problem...not if Red Hat have created their vendor lock in project(...which in fact they create in all of their software in Red Hat ecosystem...).

This is the problem because a lot of guys are against, we are not talking about Red Hat here, or even you, we are talking about debian culture, and the fact that debian is the most used OS in servers in the world, and ambedded systems!!

This is the real problem...have any one understood it now?
                  or you will continue to be here saing that we are systemd haters??

Comment

Big No, GNU is not vendor lock in!
                    For sure, that is why you can easily compile the Linux kernel with non-GNU compilers. Oh, wait ...

Comment

So does you think that GNU/Linux needs systemd...to start in less than 4 seconds??OMG...this is the problem of kids using dektopś/laptops computers..they need always to compare..."mine is biger than yours", in the sence that more is less, which in this case even truth doesn't take the efort, and even more doesn't serve as excuse to take your, all of others freedom away...
                      No, this is a problem for massive deployments of VMs/containers that need to start on demand. In this scenario every second counts.
                      The problem is ..........................DEBIAN OS PROJECT SHOULD not use it, because it destroys debian culture, and the freddom os their users...that the veterans before US took a big effort to build...its insane, ABOMINATION!!
                      And your position in the Debian ecosphere is which again that you feel entitled to tell Debian developers (again, those people that give you their work for free) what they can and can not do?
                      But hey..., you can use it, and then if you want chnge it and the zillion programas you want , in your pocket os, to use it...i don't care, its your freddom...but don't came destroying debian culture and their freedom(Do it in your OS...)!
                      What about the freedom of Debian to use systemd if they think that it is a good idea? Of course, freedom only applies when you feel that people give you freedom for free, regardless if that decreases their freedom.
                      the fact that debian is the most used OS in servers in the world, and ambedded systems!!
                      [Citation needed]
                      This is the real problem...have any one understood it now?
                      or you will continue to be here saing that we are systemd haters??
                      Maybe you are a hater, maybe not. But that is not what the real problem here is. Anyone can see what your real problem is: The people developing Debian so that you can use it for free have made a decision that you don't agree with and for some reason you think you are entitled to tell Debian developers what to do, though you never have contributed anything to Debian.
                      By all means, if you are that unsatisfied with the direction Debian is heading to, why not start contributing to Devuan and switch instead of ranting on random forums and demanding that the world works how you want it to work? Oh, I forgot, because that also involves the magic word: contribute. That is not at all what you want, you just want to get a free ride while controlling the direction of the ride. Sad news for you: That is not how open source works. An admin as seasoned as you claim to be should know that already, but anyways ...

Comment

Working...
                      X