XLennart: A Game For Systemd Haters With Nothing Better To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
    Systemd - it's funny because it's not happening to me.
    You'll get launchd, systemd's inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      You'll get launchd, systemd's inspiration.
      Bzzttt!!!

Chance of joke projects like launchd ever being adopted by FreeBSD:

Zero

Troll again dimwit.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
        that said, again there is an "attack" against the "systemd haters"
        It's just legitimate commentary on all the stupid actions systemd haters did on their own ? just like this XLennart game.
        The game is as stupid as arguing that pages long bash scripts are somehow better than 10 lines in a unit file.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
          Chance of joke projects like launchd ever being adopted by FreeBSD:

Zero

Troll again dimwit.
          It'll be adopted sooner or later. Many FreeBSD developers already know launchd well as they use OSX as desktop OS.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimA View Post
            does this mean he will do anything for some ad revenue?
            Yes.

(123456789 10 char)

Comment

I'm so sorry for Lennart that people are doing this to him. Frankly, I really like systemd (and pulseaudio too) and feel it's made Debian better. I am sorry to see people forking off, but have been quite happy with systemd and the work Lennart has done.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimA View Post
                I am also a bit disappointed in Michael for writing about it, even if I understand it means more clicks for him - actually even more disappointed so, does this mean he will do anything for some ad revenue?
                Unless you are a Premuim subscriber, you have nothing to bitch about.

Comment

Systemd is nothing to worried about, you'll overreacting drama queens.

Comment

I understand why Lennart would invest his ego into systemd, but why do users do the same and try to counter anti-systemd hate?
                    The moment that something better and more 'cool' come out, these people will switch from systemd to next cool thing (and there is nothing wrong with that).
                    Most systemd haters only despise the fact that distros come with systemd preinstalled or that some software run-time depends on it.

Ofcourse there are some trolls who hate for sake of hating, but discussion is rather pointless albeit bit interesting at times.

Comment

I also dont get this flamewar, in a way even upstart did make the init-system less unixish. Nobody cried about it.

I can argue different ways:

a while ago I just seen most stuff works at least that good than it did with other init systems, so it got nothing worse and so why the hell would I care more.

In more recent time I used service files and journald more and it has very cracy good feautres that blows your mind.

Then the technical Aspect I also develop here and there some stuff, I would never have a System/programm that has 20 files like the init files that have 100 lines of code or so and 90% of this lines are the same. So if I had the time resources I would come up with something similar to systemd. So why should I hate it when in every aspect of my thoughtprocesses and features its the right way to go? Because some belives about a unix-god or something?

So lets think about it if I would hate Systemd, how self-centric of me would it be to attack lennard for it, or the distros that choose it. I would switch to gentoo I used some years and would maybe with low pulse flame a bit about systemd, but never would I attack lennard.

And the people that are switching to bsd, hei if you like bsd and the lisenses the real philosophy about what is freedom you would it see it there way or dont care at all, go for it. The point about bsd vs linux is not primary about technical aspects its about the view about freedom. I cant understand how a init system and log file system can be a religion.

Yes I bitch also a bit about ubuntu and unity and mir, but at least systemd has clearly features that no other init system or other software had, while Mir has not one feature that wayland dont has, and I dont attack or have attacked Mark Shuttleworth as a person. And I just say that I dont like ubuntu with its desitions and direction its going, I dont open a ubuntu-fork site or make jockes about buying a killer for Mark and stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X