XLennart: A Game For Systemd Haters With Nothing Better To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    Right, it's the thickness of his skin that's the problem. Lennart Poettering is handling people's behaviour toward him very well considering how awful those people can be. A poster above compared him to Hitler in this very thread.
    He's a software developer for fuck's sake. He doesn't deserve any of this shit. He makes software people want to use, including GNOME and many distributions.
    This shit is well deserved, Lennart used PR-style bullshit explaining how upstart fails to unmount partitions and systemd doesn't have that problem, but this bug says otherwise:

They also keep doing some stupid shit with systemd and then refuse to clean up the mess, like with a kernel debug or firmware loading.
    Also recent fuckup with fedup timeout and their general approach to parsing unit files, where invalid options simply get replaced by default value instead of failing, says a lot about quality of this pile of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Stellarwind View Post
      This shit is well deserved, Lennart used PR-style bullshit explaining how upstart fails to unmount partitions and systemd doesn't have that problem, but this bug says otherwise:

They also keep doing some stupid shit with systemd and then refuse to clean up the mess, like with a kernel debug or firmware loading.
      Also recent fuckup with fedup timeout and their general approach to parsing unit files, where invalid options simply get replaced by default value instead of failing, says a lot about quality of this pile of crap.
      Systemd's quality, good or bad, is irrelevant. It's just software. Not deserving of death threats and all the other shit you systemd-haters sling. Put that froth back in your mouth and get a life.

Comment

Right, it's the thickness of his skin that's the problem.[?]
        I am not sure if I phrased it bad or you are laying words into my mouth. What I meant was that it is even more wrong to propagate those games, if the person on the receiving end has a thin skin.

[?]how awful those people can be. A poster above compared him to Hitler in this very thread.
        He's a software developer for fuck's sake. He doesn't deserve any of this shit.[?]
        Couldn't agree more.

If his skin is thick or not is rather subjective and our views on that matter obviously differ.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
          The flood of users to FreeBSD has been amazing over the past six months thanks to the Systemd Fiasco
          LOL. Yeah, FreeBSD has probably doubled it's userbase.

From 10 people to 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Namenlos View Post
            I am not sure if I phrased it bad or you are laying words into my mouth. What I meant was that it is even more wrong to propagate those games, if the person on the receiving end has a thin skin.

Couldn't agree more.

If his skin is thick or not is rather subjective and our views on that matter obviously differ.
            Okay then. Apologies.

Comment

So many sheep for Linux users, but typical for Phoronix.

Comment

Stop the insanity!

The anti-systemd crowd have really outdone themselves. This is the most absurd development yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                  most people that are loud supporters of systemd don't know much about it
                  you can't blame people as there is no proper documentation nor reasoning for anything related to it, just "features"
                  most systemd-hating motherfuckers are too dumb to read its wonderful documentation. and we can blame them for that.

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                    i am doing something better
                    a process tracker that actually tracks processes
                    no, you are just trolling on forums. nobody is using your abandonware

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
                      Most systemd haters only despise the fact that distros come with systemd preinstalled or that some software run-time depends on it.
                      lol, in other words, most systemd haters only despise progress
                      well, you can stop using internet and computers right now then

Comment

Working...
                      X