This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by erendorn View Post
    I don't think he hates you. He's just basically correct on your account. You haven't been able to produce sensible arguments in the last 32 pages, and lately you are not even logical in your answers. There's nothing about hate in there.
    Well, it is what he did. He chose to insult, because he sees his "cookies" threatened by the protest. He made a bad choice (see forum rules, too). There is really very little love in his insult and you should not follow his lead.

The protesters can formulate their needs better than this and what arguments could one bring forward when he demands "cookies". Cookies are pure bliss and you should have gone with Microsoft for this when it is bliss you want. They do produce bliss products like one OS for all, one office suite for all, one browser for all, etc. - they even make Teletubbies to sell bliss to babies. FOSS is however not about bliss. It is about freedom, conflict, competition, choice, much like evolution itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by gens View Post
      console-kit works without pid eins, it is logind that you are talking of
      afaik there is a project for that
      AFAIK, there isn't. A link to such a project would be interesting for all.
      The systemdBSD project is highly unlikely to work on Linux, their "logind" isn't functional yet, and is highly unlikely to have all the necessary "logind" features, since it lacks cgroups support etc.

Originally posted by gens View Post
      kdbus is planed to be required by udev for firmware loading, and nothing else
      thing is that right now the kernel loads firmware itself
      problem being that the mechanism for that does not allow for out of tree firmware (like laptop things and idk)
      thing is udev is actually fairly simple
      the system before udev was hotplug, and udev still uses the hotplug interface to get device remove/add/idk events
      (and procfs to get devices, check out proc and hotplug in the kernel documentation)
      also eudev
      I think you severely underestimate the workload the eudev maintainer is facing; the entire code structure of udev will change with kdbus, so the eudev maintainer can't just make a simple shadow fork, but either have to implement a userspace program that deals with kdebus the same way systemd does as PID1. Not trivial. Or completely fork eudev, more or less making it an independent project.

Originally posted by gens View Post
      as for DE's
      afaik all major DE's except GNOME will accept patches
      also isn't that just the logind part ?
      I won't go over it again, but unless non-systemd platforms make an alternative to ConsoleKit and logind, there won't be any fully functional DE on such operating systems. Actually, there is more work than that to do, but that would be a strict minimum required. They simply can't go on supporting the unmaintained ConsoleKit forever.

Neither Gnome, KDE, XFCE, or LXDE/LXQT will work as expected without user session management and tracking. As it is now, there won't be a Wayland edition of KDE on non-systemd platforms, some pieces like the new login manager, SDDM, only support "logind" because no one has offered to make the necessary patches so it support ConsoleKit.

There will be no paid developers or package maintainers from the commercial distros to sort out this mess, they will all work on systemd distros only.

The responsibility for all the work needed rest solely on the systemd opponents, no one else will do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
        Well, it is what he did. He chose to insult, because he sees his "cookies" threatened by the protest. He made a bad choice (see forum rules, too). There is really very little love in his insult and you should not follow his lead.

The protesters can formulate their needs better than this and what arguments could one bring forward when he demands "cookies". Cookies are pure bliss and you should have gone with Microsoft for this when it is bliss you want. They do produce bliss products like one OS for all, one office suite for all, one browser for all, etc. - they even make Teletubbies to sell bliss to babies. FOSS is however not about bliss. It is about freedom, conflict, competition, choice, much like evolution itself.
        Eregh... Your stupid is showing... Again...

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
          Eregh... Your stupid is showing... Again...
          It is not my problem. I just report you for insults and move on.

Comment

It is not my problem. I just report you for insults and move on.
            Hmm... dark side. Dark sided? That reminds me of someone, is this you?

Some clips of a delightful woman that they call...THE GOD WARRIOR

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
              Hmm... dark side. Dark sided? That reminds me of someone, is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9MUycYD6Y
              No.

Comment

No.
                Really? Huh, I thought I'd cracked it when I found video of someone nearly as nuts as you.

Comment

Really? Huh, I thought I'd cracked it when I found video of someone nearly as nuts as you.
                  I do not care what picture you have of me. Your insults mean nothing to me, but they will to the moderation.

Comment

I do not care what picture you have of me. Your insults mean nothing to me, but they will to the moderation.
                    This entire conversation means nothing to me, because you don't bring anything worth reading to the table.

Comment

This entire conversation means nothing to me, because you don't bring anything worth reading to the table.
                      How about the protest, the boycott and the arguments given on the web page and here on the forum? Do these mean nothing to you either?

Comment

Working...
                      X