Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Honton View Post
    No. You simply failed to understand what I wrote. Trends can be derived from data despite such flaws.
    They CAN, if you demonstrate the the flaws are not related in any way to the trend. But you never bothered to do that, you just assert it with no basis whatsoever, and dismiss anyone who doesn't accept your baseless assertions without question as being in denial.

You are not the king of the planet. You are not God. Just because you say something doesn't make it true. You need to show evidence, and you admit that evidence is flawed you need to provide evidence that those flaws have no bearing on the issue.

Comment

Tell me. Do you consider the KDE ohloh team and the KDE digest team to incompetent liars?
      Nobody says that the teams are incompetent or liars. But neither ohloh.net nor commit-digest claim to be accurate and for both we have shown you several time that the numbers they produce with their software is incorrect. Ohloh.net just cannot scope with a setup like KDEs - you now switched to LOC count, which is even more ridiculous than your contributors before. Some of the source code is imported multiple times, due to the repository restructurings in KDE. Our aim in doing that is not to have accurate numbers in ohloh.net and make honton's wild claims possible.

Comment

Tell me. Do you consider the KDE ohloh team and the KDE digest team to incompetent liars?
        The only incompetent liar is you. You know full well that there have been substantial vcs and procedural changes that would produce exactly this sort of trend without any change in actual contribution. It doesn't matter how good ohloh or the digest team are, the data to do a valid comparison simply doesn't exist and you know it.

Comment

• The troll must be so happy, people have been feeding him for 34 pages.

Comment

• Feed me!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hοnton View Post
              Feed me!!!
              At least you've finally admitted that you are just a troll

Comment

• Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                At least you've finally admitted that you are just a troll
                I'm literally trolling a troll.

Comment

Mind you that you replied to some fake Honton. Don't blame me for your own failing to see who you reply to. It is your responsibility to verify your own communications. If you feel such an urge to go ad hominem and off topic I suggest you find another thread. This one is Gnome and KDE.
                  The cool thing about UTF-8 is: you are not me (literally), but go on, this thread represents what we think about Gnome/KDE. :P

Comment

Our names might not differ, but please do tell where our opinions differ. At least tell the crowd who seem unable to differ between Honton-senior and Honton-junior.
                    KDE is far from dead, but I can't speak about the users. I was a KDE user but left the crap behind because it was annoying. I really want to see how it will stick after the Qt5 change. If after that KDE don't conquer the minds of it's older users, flag it as dead.

And HELLO people I'm Hοnton, not Honton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hοnton View Post
                      The cool thing about UTF-8 is: you are not me (literally), but go on, this thread represents what we think about Gnome/KDE. :P
                      Finaly a Honton who answers the questions that he is asked?
                      Breakthrough?

Let?s try.

New Honton,
                      would you be so kind to clear up all our un-answered questions of the last months:

- 2 distros where KDE (might) lose QA = I found no source for openSUSE changing KDE QA and the "might" for Fedora.next is still a "might" = argument weak for your thesis - please provide source
                      - why do you want to kill KDE / Qt / Ubuntu (CLA stuff) instead of Windows / MacOS?
                      - why so destructive?
                      - Old Honton: "The 121 was not an outlier. It is a new extreme value. Perfectly suporting the trend; KDE is dying." or "What we are looking at is trending." - so what again is important - outliers or the trend? (knowing that outliers have to be "killed" before even calculating a trend and knowing that oloh / kde-digest numbers are only comparable / reliable for a short time (~1year) due to count changes like switching from csv to git etc)
                      - What feature exactly was killed in KDE that you are actually missing and where you / "the users" were not consulted before? When did you use KDE the last time?
                      - Why do you accuse people of twisting your words and in the next step are doing it yourself, like "Thank you for confirming that KDE is dying.", when the author stated the exact opposite...

cheers and happy sunday
                      Last edited by tomtomme; 09 March 2014, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X