Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Honton View Post
    This is just pathetic. No one claims the data to high accuarcy and verifiable.
    So you admit that you are aware the data is not accurate and not verifiable, yet you still use it as evidence. Thanks for once again admitting your dishonesty.

Comment

Please stop this FUD and accept that KDE is dying.
      Once again your dishonesty knows no bounds. You know full well that the only one spreading FUD here is you. FUD is, by definition, an attack on a person or product. Speaking highly of something cannot, by definition, by FUD.

Comment

This is just pathetic. No one claims the data to high accuarcy and verifiable. What we are looking at is trending. Oh yes KDE is going down.
        The trend shows that KDE has the same number of contributors it had in 2004.

This kind of kills your argument dead.

A more intelligent man would have stopped by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
          it would be more interesting to investigate why the number was so high in 2008 because that's what looks wrong to me
          I?m still interested in this point... maybe because I am teaching statistics at the university and need more examples for the always bored-by-naked-numbers-students

Martin, when did the switch from cvs to git happen exactly?
          And where did oloh get the data between april 2009 and september 2010 - kde digest had no reports during this period.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
            Martin, when did the switch from cvs to git happen exactly?
            I don't know when the switch from cvs to svn happened, but the Akademy Award 2005 was for that migration. svn to git migration started around 2009 and is still ongoing. There's still code hosted on svn.

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
            And where did oloh get the data between april 2009 and september 2010 - kde digest had no reports during this period.
            ohloh.net and commit-digest don't have anything to do with each other. commit-digest didn't have issues as the person in question didn't have time for it any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
              Once again your dishonesty knows no bounds. You know full well that the only one spreading FUD here is you. FUD is, by definition, an attack on a person or product. Speaking highly of something cannot, by definition, by FUD.
              I really miss KDE on my FreeBSD box. I'm sorry if I was being offensive.

Comment

Oh you missed the part about maintenance burden. KDE in 2004 was much smaller and thus maintainable. The KDE 2014 is a huge mess depending on an even larger CLA toolkit. There is so much dead bloated code i KDE now.
                You're just grasping at straws now. Stahp it.

Comment

No. You simply failed to understand what I wrote. Trends can be derived from data despite such flaws.
                  They CAN, if you demonstrate the the flaws are not related in any way to the trend. But you never bothered to do that, you just assert it with no basis whatsoever, and dismiss anyone who doesn't accept your baseless assertions without question as being in denial.

You are not the king of the planet. You are not God. Just because you say something doesn't make it true. You need to show evidence, and you admit that evidence is flawed you need to provide evidence that those flaws have no bearing on the issue.

Comment

Tell me. Do you consider the KDE ohloh team and the KDE digest team to incompetent liars?
                    Nobody says that the teams are incompetent or liars. But neither ohloh.net nor commit-digest claim to be accurate and for both we have shown you several time that the numbers they produce with their software is incorrect. Ohloh.net just cannot scope with a setup like KDEs - you now switched to LOC count, which is even more ridiculous than your contributors before. Some of the source code is imported multiple times, due to the repository restructurings in KDE. Our aim in doing that is not to have accurate numbers in ohloh.net and make honton's wild claims possible.

Comment

Tell me. Do you consider the KDE ohloh team and the KDE digest team to incompetent liars?
                      The only incompetent liar is you. You know full well that there have been substantial vcs and procedural changes that would produce exactly this sort of trend without any change in actual contribution. It doesn't matter how good ohloh or the digest team are, the data to do a valid comparison simply doesn't exist and you know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X