Microsoft Confirms Bringing Sudo For Windows, Is Open-Source Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkoverlordofdata View Post

I'm sorry if my reality doesn't match your expectations. Wander out of the computer lab sometime, and see what the rest of the world is doing.
    We are running the same software, no? If I install Ubuntu, and you install Ubuntu, and my OS doesn't regularly crash, while yours does, maybe the OS is not the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by RonDamon View Post
      If that even happens one day (which would be difficult), MS would just fork their Linux like Google did with Android. It resembles Linux, but there is nothing like it in distros. Linux is a failure on mobile and consumer desktops. But anyway, it would make more sense to the entire desktop market die first than Windows.
      Not really a failure, just not even attempted. Other than System76, who is out there selling Linux desktop or mobile systems? Canonical did begin to try but clearly underestimated the amount of resources it would take to develop a third consumer platform. The main reason nobody uses Linux has nothing to do with Linux itself, but the fact that it does not come preinstalled and supported by anyone, and may not support some niche software application that they require.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
        what insecure distro you use that allows sudo bash?
        I don't know, sudo is not even installed on my system.

But such distros do seem to exist, as instructions for doing this are still very widespread on the Internet, such as this one from Microsoft:
        Originally posted by Microsoft Azure CLI documentation
        The easiest way to install the Azure CLI is through a script maintained by the Azure CLI team. This script runs all installation commands in one step. This script is downloaded via curl and piped directly to bash to install the CLI.

If you wish to inspect the contents of the script yourself before executing, download the script first using curl and inspect it in your favorite text editor.

Code:
        curl -sL https://aka.ms/InstallAzureCLIDeb | sudo bash​
        Learn how to install and run the Azure CLI on Linux manually. You can install the Azure CLI on Linux computers with one command or a step-by-step process.

Comment

Working...
        X