Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Foundation Gets Involved With Lottie To Develop Formal File Format Specification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool format!
    Elegant specs, unlike svg.
    Can enable complex animated icons easily.
    We want that.

What could be nice is to have the choice between an ascii format and a simple binary format for size (with both direction conversion possible, of course).
    Last edited by rmfx; 01 February 2024, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
      Do we need YAFF? (Yet Another File Format)

The XKCD comic about so many standards ALMOST applies here.
      Not really. Or do you know of any format that can even do something similar that's fully open and standardized? Yes, there's animated svg, but I think the main problem here is, that it doesn't have its own file type, so supporting it is difficult.

Sure, I'm not sure myself what this can be used for, accept animated icons - and stickers for Telegram (and maybe others, but I think they popularized it) and it's easier to support in a browser than animated svg.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
        What could be nice is to have the choice between an ascii format and a simple binary format for size (with both direction conversion possible, of course).
        "dotLottie is an open-source file format that aggregates one or more Lottie files and their associated resources into a single file. They are ZIP archives compressed with the Deflate compression method" -- https://dotlottie.io/

Comment

Working...
        X