Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Foundation Gets Involved With Lottie To Develop Formal File Format Specification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Foundation Gets Involved With Lottie To Develop Formal File Format Specification

Phoronix: Linux Foundation Gets Involved With Lottie To Develop Formal File Format Specification

The newest frontier by the Linux Foundation is getting involved with coming up with a formal file format specification for Lottie, the vector graphics animation format based on JSON...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ah interesting, I though this was a proprietary fileformat.

Comment

what kernel will this be included in? linux foundation doing a lot of random stuff these days.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
        what kernel will this be included in? linux foundation doing a lot of random stuff these days.
        Linux Foundation despite its name is not only about Linux kernel. It's also about open source in general. That includes developing open standards like this one.

Comment

Maybe someone should add Lottie support to Eye of GNOME or Loupe, or just make an stand-alone Lottie viewer for GNOME.

Comment

Hopefully the format can become something really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Maybe someone should add Lottie support to Eye of GNOME or Loupe, or just make an stand-alone Lottie viewer for GNOME.
              In addition to Glaxnimate?

Comment

Originally posted by NSLW View Post

In addition to Glaxnimate?
                I wasn't aware of Glaxnimate, it seems pretty cool.
                I was mostly thinking of a nimble little viewer, not an editor.

Comment

Do we need YAFF? (Yet Another File Format)

The XKCD comic about so many standards ALMOST applies here.

Comment

Re Linux Foundation:

"Linux Foundation projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, ONAP, PyTorch, RISC-V, SPDX, OpenSSF OpenChain, and more"

I know they like to line their pockets on the back of others work, but what the hell, Linux being a "Linux Foundation project"? Someone should have told me before I contributed >50kloc.

Comment

Working...
                    X