GNOME Foundation Names A New Executive Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
    Hmmm ... an article on Gnome that also involves a female. The trolls will be wetting themselves.
    I'm pretty sure that, like always, its the people complaining about "trolls" that wet themselves the hardest.

Unfortunately a lot of people think that if you've got the right background you're beyond reproach and that any criticism, even when its over someone being one of those new age "energy healing" con artists, that its automatically motivated by a bias against their background. As if a purveyor of the old fashion version of that scam, Christian "faith healing", wouldn't be met with the exact same disbelief if put in charge of this project.

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post
      It's not saying "we promote caste systems". It's saying they don't want any of these things to be a barrier for someone to have a positive experience in the Gnome community.
      Both ‘race’ & ‘caste’ are examples of non-scientific terms that describe something that doesn’t exist; they were just invented by people who wanted to discriminate. Because of that, many people find it offensive to somehow put them in a list of things that are very real, or at least wanted by the person, as it sort of acknowledges their existence, and thus the “theories” behind them.

That list has a mix of things that are just factual observations about an individual, things chosen by the individual themselves, and things that are pushed by others on the individual against their will. It might be useful to split those up in the CoC and treat them differently.

Comment

> «Titanic tour CEO Stockton Rush said he didn't hire '50-year-old white guys' because they were NOT 'inspirational' - as footage emerges of him boasting of previous 'invulnerable' sub designed to explore 'unsinkable' Titanic»:
        > Stockton Rush said he didn't hire '50-year-old white guys'
        > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12219265/Stockton-Rush-said-didnt-hire-50-year-old-white-guys-NOT-inspirational.html​

that guy was a fucking idiot, not that "diversity = bad".
        I didn't say "diversity = bad". What is bad is not hiring people because of their race and age.

Comment

I guess it's a good time for us to make donations to System76 for the COSMIC desktop environment... Is it even possible to donate to this company?

Comment

Credentials matters, familiarity​ with the subject matters, and, in this case, be part of the community of FOSS projects do matters.

Hopefully, she fulfills all 3 conditions above, but, if what someone pointed is true, none of them seems checked.

The rest of the thread is more of the same, a long discussion between people from the fringes of the spectrum, on one side, those very dissatisfied with affirmative actions, on the opposite, the so-called social warriors, and none of them willing to recognize that there are valid points on the other side.

Comment

I'm just gonna assume that anyone who sees diversity as a bad word just wants a white all-male ethnostate.
              I want people to get hired based on competence, not DEI quotas. That's it.

Comment

The important point is that GNOME Foundation hired a shaman, the rest is derailing because of personal stupidity. Do you agree GNOME needs a shaman? Energy healing for you all! I also propose a logo. ​
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Monsterovich View Post
                  GNOME is beyond saving anyway.
                  According to you. According to others, KDE is beyond saving.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
                    According to you. According to others, KDE is beyond saving.
                    GNOME now has healing powers, it will save itself

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                      GNOME now has healing powers, it will save itself
                      Let's just hope through the power of healing, all the flaws of Gnome will be fixed and it will become the ultimate Linux desktop environment

But in all seriousness, I just wanted to point out how insanely stupid that statement is. As if KDE or other DE's don't have their own flaws.

Comment

Working...
                      X