Linux Kernel Networking Driver Development Impacted By Russian Sanctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

That's why he blocked EU deal that over half of Ukrainians supported but Russia was againt, fled to Russia after protests and at the beginning of current war arrived to Belarus and waited to return to the power after Russia was supposed to conquer Kyiv? Yeah, clearly not pro-Russian. Tell me more about your fantasies.

Sure not comparable to great and proper democracy where anti government people are falling out of the windows.

"Correctly" in your own fantasy but not in reality.
    - Because it was not profitable to join the EU at that time. Ukraine needed time. Had the agreement been signed then, Ukraine would have completely lost the Russian market. At the same time, they had no chance to enter the European market - the competitiveness is not the same. Yanukovych was very indecisive. Ukraine urgently needed money, but Europe could not give it. Putin offered economic assistance, a huge discount on gas. But Yanukovych broke down. In particular, he was deceived by European politicians. On February 21, 2014, France, Germany and Poland provided "guarantees" to resolve the crisis. The very next day there was a coup d'etat.

- He fled to Russia because it was the only place where he wouldn't be killed (in case you hadn't noticed). Those Nazis who were the main engine of the Maidan - UNA-UNSO and the Right Sector - wanted to kill him. And 3 months after the coup, events happened in Odessa, where Nazi scum burned people in the House of Trade Unions. And those who were able to get out were finished off on the ground. The current deputy of Ukraine Oleksiy Goncharenko was there that day and happily photographed the burnt corpses and recorded a video "how we defeated the separatists."

- Nobody remembers Yanukovych in Russia. He is too weak, so he has no chance to return to politics. Therefore, he can go anywhere, even to Belarus, even to Russia.

- To attribute falling out of windows to democracy is strong. In Russia, strong politicians appear right every month and they are thrown out of the windows). To attribute falling out of windows to democracy is strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightBit View Post
      License says noting about requirement of accepting patches. Maintainer is not obliged to accept any patch. This is why forks exist.
      Maintainer is obligued to accept good patch's, if the maintainer doesn't then you have a problem, and you need to fix it, which will mean finding another maintainer...one that is professional in what he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAUL007 View Post
        well hats off to phoronix they let this thread to this limit , if this was reddit lot of us straight getting kicked out.
        No. It's easier on Reddit. For any attempt to post "pro-Russian information" (or something that goes against the general agenda), you are simply banned in the subreddit.
        In particular, your comment was not visible to other participants on r/worldnews if there was a link to the Telegram in it (there are many Russian channels in this messenger, so the moderators of the subreddit blocked everything).

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
          Maintainer is obligued to accept good patch's, if the maintainer doesn't then you have a problem, and you need to fix it, which will mean finding another maintainer...one that is professional in what he does.
          Can you cite it from license where it says that.
          It may be part of code of conduct, but many will complain how "woke" code of conduct is and hate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
            No. It's easier on Reddit. For any attempt to post "pro-Russian information" (or something that goes against the general agenda), you are simply banned in the subreddit.
            In particular, your comment was not visible to other participants on r/worldnews if there was a link to the Telegram in it (there are many Russian channels in this messenger, so the moderators of the subreddit blocked everything).
            Were are our rights, in the middle of this?
            We are free people, they can't just block us
            That is dictatorship..thanks god I don't go to those places..

European Union also blocked us the right of information...which is a worldwide right in the human rights of the United Nations own charter.

We have the right to chose what information we want to see,and what we find good and what we find bad.
            Its our own choice!

In the last 10 years, I see signs of dictatorship everywhere in the west, and that pisses me off, we go in the wrong way!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gotar View Post

That statements hides the deeply important issues:
              1. selection of targets to be killed (enemy soldiers vs civilians),
              2. ratio of "collateral" damage (in case of Russia they do target civilians on purpose, so it's not collateral),
              3. the reasoning of the war itself (defense, protecting somebody else, principles vs purely materialistic territorial acquisition),
              4. responsibility for taken actions (and responses to organizations like UN),
              etc.

But the main issue is always: we vs them. If you support ruSSkie, feel free to ban every western company.
              Dude, I'm sure many people already gave you your answer in the 16 pages of comments in this post, but I just couldn't hold myself.

Did you literally tried to defend US and Israel by saying their causes were justified, when the reasons they killed millions were literally oil in US' case and some magical guy told them to do so in Israel's case.

IDK the gasoline you are sniffing and MUH FREEDOM must be making you lose touch with reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by IActuallyKnowItAll View Post
                Dude, I'm sure many people already gave you your answer in the 16 pages of comments in this post, but I just couldn't hold myself.
                If only there was a way for you to be really sure... Like - IDN, reading it?

Did you literally tried to defend US and Israel by saying their causes were justified[...]
                Where did you read this? Do you often argue with your own delusions about somebodys statements?

Have faith brother, functional illiteracy can be cured - by reading books. And if you got problems understanding complex sentences, try doing some colorbooks instead.

Comment

• based on the name, this guy's probably Polish. I get that there has been beef between the two countries historically, but taking it out on regular people is strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v
                    The problem is that the nazis are killing Russians in eastern Ukraine for almost 9 years!
                    I'm sure this is well documented and was brought before on public agenda in UN.
                    Sources or didn't happen.

And Ukraine was ready to launch a massive military operation with new 350k army formed against the civilians..
                    ROTFL
                    This kind of propaganda can be believed only by brainwashed homo sovieticus

Of course Russia had to intervene!They discovered that Ukraine was ready to attack in March 2022, and they quickly assembled a team, and deployed it to protect that populations at risk..

Now that conflict would never happened if NATO was not involved in the creation of that 350k army...so yes NATO is responsible for the start of the conflict...in fact they were preparing for it over 9 years..
                    Ukraine was so infiltrated by russian spies, that I'm absolutely sure they would have got the original documents supporting these claims.

So - sources or didn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                      That makes as much sense as banning Intel and AMD since America mandates that the US Military use American or Allied companies for their equipment.
                      Baikal Electronics has chips for consumer markets.
                      There are companies producing printers,thin clients, switch's, routers,etc with Baikal Electronics chips.

I read recently that some Russian company was building routers with chips from them..
                      Now Baikal Electronics, doesn't have the expertise to build military chips..
                      Military chips, are very hard to produce, and require high temperatures working, and be resistant to radiation..its another ballpark game..

Russia has a closed cycle of development for military chips, that can withstand temperatures in the range of -55-155C degrees at least, and those chips need to be rad resistant.
                      The military type of chips, cannot be built in lower fab nodes, they need to be robust, in every sense of the word!

So even any stupid person understand that Baikal Electronics cannot provide chips to the Russian military..because the Russian military simply don't accept them!
                      They don't have the necessary requirements to work on military situations..

If you try to sell a comercial AMD chip, to the American military, they simply don't accept it!!
                      In the case of AMD, I don't think they have chips to work with big temperature range conditions, or any rad resistant chips.

There are only a handful of companies in the world that can produce military grade chips.
                      The US as them, Russia has them, China has them, EU I believe also has them, but that's it!

You guys need to remember that this chips also go in missiles, military air plains,nuclear submarines,Nuclear missiles, and the list goes on..
                      Its not a game... it needs to be something very very serious.

Just imagine a commercial Baikal processor starting to flip bits, because of thermal electrons generation, or because of radiation...its impractical!!
                      Who is the Idiot that thinks that commercial chips can go on military stuff??
                      Last edited by tuxd3v; 16 March 2023, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X