LLVM Has Fleshed Out Its Plan For Replacing "Master" With "Main"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    I don't agree, but I have to admit that was a awesome quip. I like it.
    *high-five*

Comment

Well, this thread is so telling to how people think and how their racisme has depleted their cognitive capacity.
      One can have an apinion of itselve

Comment

This thing again...
        0. Renaming master to main might be annoying, but it is acceptable if there is a good reason for that.
        1. There is no good or bad terminology. The reason that some people are offended by some words is their reference to reality. And the problem is the reality, not the reference. Even if, for example, you somehow manage to remove the word slave from the terminology, if the concept of slavery is still relevant, you have solved nothing.
        2. Politics is something more important than names and affects more than the entire tech microworld. If you believe that by arguing about names of git branches, you are seriously doing politics, think again.
        3. I cannot find a good reason to rename the master branch. I also have more important things to do than argue for a branch name (like true politics).

PS: I do not want to open a political discussion here, but as a "far left" I strongly disagree with some views expressed at this thread.

Comment

In a parallel universe they're renaming it to Emperor/N-word.

Comment

It appears that some of you can't differentiate nouns from verbs even tho your using them

Comment

Wait until they start in on the wrongspeak use of pronouns.. Once you git on, this rollercoaster ride never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Yeah, Totally agree... The amount of effort made to improve terminology is almost certainly tiny compared to the amount of effort being wasted complaining about it.
                We had this happen at our company, with "whitelist" instead. Seemed like a simple find & replace right? Well they did it this way accross many projects and ended up breaking a somewhat important piece of code because, surprise surprise, "whitelist" was used in a config file of a downstream binary we used at one place. "oopsie"

Hours of downtime for a specific service and some more until people figured out wtf. But hey, we're not racist anymore!

Comment

Slowly the Communists are pushing the goalpost and using influence in hollywood, technology, to create a system fo censorship -- and it's working. They're slowly bringing the world more inline with their ideologies making eventual conquest trivial.

Just like Big Oil misdirected protesters for their devicive purposes of destroying competition Communism is using snow-flakes to create a future of censorship & misdirect said snow-flake's attention against "words you cannot use" like "Whinny the Pooh" meanwhile agregious crimes against human rights skate by because:

Frank Abagnale Sr.:
                  You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?

Frank Abagnale, Jr.:
                  'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?

Frank Abagnale Sr.:
                  No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes.

Comment

I can't get why the butthurt is so extreme... I mean really? It's literally just a change in terminology.... That's it...

Comment

Millennials ruin everything with their stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X