LLVM Has Fleshed Out Its Plan For Replacing "Master" With "Main"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jojo7887 View Post
    I always knew calling an inanimate git branch as "master" was offensive. Soon all Shirts will no longer be called Black and White, but "Bright" and "Dark".
    I'm not sure that's gonna fly, mah d00d, as "dark" is loaded with negative connotations with "bright" being culturally understood as 'elevated' thus implying superiority.

Comment

When Ideology goes into technology, be sure that disaster is going to happen. Nothing more nothing less. For any rationalist this is pure idiotic behavior. In previous century conservatism, right wings, etc. ruled. Now libertarians, left wing rules society. Both are shitty as we see from this article. But worst part is that the minority of society is the rational center. This is so sad...

Comment

i wonder who will be first to rename "kill" syscall. surely, killing people is worse than mastering?

Comment

is it tho?

Comment

Yeah, sure. By your definition then Git is offensive too because it is an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
              I hope nobody working on LLVM has a master's degree. They might need to cancel themselves.
              Main's degree

Terrible! Why can't we make a petition to reverse this disgrace?

Comment

Thread appears to be full of snowflakes with hurt feelings

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                  Thread appears to be full of snowflakes with hurt feelings
                  Not hurt feelings, just sadness how identity politics took over

All the wasted time for .. nothing. No lives saved, no racist "converted". Just virtue signalling because they have nothing better to do. And if you think changes like this will get more devs.. think again and look at the comments. How many are looking at this and thinking: Why should I participate in a project which occupies itself with pointless stuff like this?

On the plus side: Racism is no issue if THIS is what needs to be done to combat it.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
                    I hope nobody working on LLVM has a master's degree. They might need to cancel themselves.
                    Omg! How could I have not noticed this earlier. We should notify all universities to change it to a main's degrees.

Comment

Y'all think main is acceptable?

What do you drain? The main vein.
                      Where did white privilege start? Down on main street.
                      What are some definitions of main? Strength/force. Primary or essential. A big pipe.
                      What were slaves to slave societies? Strength/force. Primary or essential.
                      What else is a big pipe a synonym of? A penis. The main vein.

So y'all think a word that means slavery and penis is acceptable?

Comment

Working...
                      X