No announcement yet.

Linux Kernel Preparing New Guidelines For Using Inclusive Terminology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the world gone insane? These aren't "exclusive" terms. They have meanings that have nothing to do w race.

Millennials ruin everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by sverris View Post

This is not solely about what you think when reading or using such a word. This is about what such words signify independently from intentions.
      What you're saying makes no sense. Terms derive their meanings by context. So there is no meaning independent from intention.

Comment

• "...I do not need pseudo-liberals to be my tranquility police. I do not subscribe to arbitrary values of goodness, because such a thing does not exist..."

Censorship - 1984 dot now

Article discussing the troubling and pointless idea behind several mainstream concepts by data companies to introduce truth filters as a way of combating fake news and protecting the mental health of people

"...the expectation that everyone should adhere to a generic set of behavioral principles is a higher form of intolerance..."

Linux - The beginning of the end

Important article slash rant about the recent story involving Linus Torvalds and his behavior in the Linux kernel development circles, the subsequent apology, the fallout, and the disturbing implications and ramifications of the whole affair on the long-term survival of Linux as a whole

Comment

• Last edited by qarium; 06 July 2020, 09:06 PM.
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by coder
            We can't say there's absolutely no one who feels that way, but you can't credibly take those extreme and distorted views and cast them onto such a mass movement. I mean, this sort of polemic would almost make a State-backed troll blush.
            Here is one of the founders of BLM explaining where their ideology comes from.

Comment

• Originally posted by oleid
              Yep, and the other one would be the fear of the communism of the US Americans.
              BLM founders openly claim they are “trained marxists”. What am I supposed to do other than take them at their word?

Comment

• Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

I honestly have no idea what you're saying here. I don't think you do either. Who is talking about the right to bear arms??
                you were, by saying it was only 9 PoC that died at the hands of the Police while being unarmed, therefore all the others were armed. - this means you have a lower chance of death if you give up your right to bear arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  Yeah what's next? Rename the "kill" program to "terminate" because some crazy people think "kill" involves death, crime or murder?
                  They could be renamed to "Reiser"

Comment

• Originally posted by cynical View Post

If there is one constant in the universe that you can rely on, it is the obsession that Europeans have with their healthcare.
                    If there is one thing that Europeans can count one it's their boyfriend-girlfriend du jour....

Comment

• So, basically a bunch of white Americans decides to change the terminology in the name of being more "inclusive" and less imperialistic. Of course, they decide for the rest of the world, they decide based on the political developments in their country and knowing that this is all happening in their mother tongue. So, who has asked Chinese what they think about it? And what about South Africans? And what about Moroccans? Do Russian agree with the changes?

Besides brutally imposing the US political context over the rest of the world (and considering that US cultural trends = world cultural trends), this also imposes all non-native speakers to learn new terms to replace text-books terminology. In the end, for many non-native speakers this is *less* inclusive... But I guess this is all but a small sacrifice to receive the enlightenment from the universal America.

Comment

Working...
                      X