Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Adopts A New Vision Statement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    What does 'open-minded' mean here?
    Does it mean they will be attending meetings naked, swinging wives, ... etc
    Setif
    Senior Member
    Last edited by Setif; 26 March 2020, 09:13 AM.

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by Britoid View Post
      You can't complain unless you're willing to do the work yourself, which you aren't.

      Stop being self-entitled, people don't have to do work (or free) because you don't want to come into the 21st century.
      Work has already been done, instructions are here: https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showt...98#post1720898

      Doesn't sound worth spending the time on, however. Just a basically broken system that starts with openrc.

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by andyprough View Post

        Work has already been done, instructions are here: https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showt...98#post1720898

        Doesn't sound worth spending the time on, however. Just a basically broken system that starts with openrc.
        Why do work that's already been done or pointless?

        Fedora is a modern distro, it needs a modern service manager to bring it up, there's no point spending time making it run broken software.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by Britoid View Post

          Why do work that's already been done or pointless?

          Fedora is a modern distro, it needs a modern service manager to bring it up, there's no point spending time making it run broken software.
          If it needed a modern service manager it would use something like S6 + 66. systemd is actually getting a bit old now.

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by Volta View Post

            I know. Windows has much more problems.
            Your attempt at humor is lame, stupid and ultimately a failure. Guess you have nothing to say and most likely you don't even use Fedora.

            So again, please kindly fuck off.

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by birdie View Post

              Your attempt at humor is lame, stupid and ultimately a failure. Guess you have nothing to say and most likely you don't even use Fedora.

              So again, please kindly fuck off.
              It's not attempt of humor, because there's nothing funny with this Ms shit. I use it daily just like Fedora, so get lost with this shit.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by Volta View Post

                It's not attempt of humor, because there's nothing funny with this Ms shit. I use it daily just like Fedora, so get lost with this shit.
                Why are you here? Why are you trying to justify the fact that Fedora developers don't give a fuck about numerous mission-critical bugs (when they first shoved Pango 1.44 down our throats they completely broke bitmap fonts and the issue stayed that way for four fucking months)? Why don't you just fuck off? I don't tell you how to use Fedora, so please do not tell me which bugs are important and which are not. Anyways, since you're so annoying, thick and stupid I'll just go ahead and blacklist you because I don't want to read your imbecilic posts devoid of any sense any longer. Join Date: Apr 2019. Rabid stupid fanboy.
                birdie
                Senior Member
                Last edited by birdie; 26 March 2020, 04:18 PM.

                Comment


                • #48
                  I'm pretty sure this is Bryan Lunduke's(Linux Sucks) CoC from way back.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by gregzeng View Post
                    Debian code is preferred by the vast majority of Linux system creators & users. Fedora and other RPM users have deep architectural reasons why they are so hostile to end users.
                    Pfft. Former Debian contributors can challenge that assessment. Writing a spec file is much easier with RPM and DEB with its multiple files.

                    Third party applications have trouble about which version of RPM to use.
                    Same applied for Debian based distributions i.e Debian vs Ubuntu.

                    The several code creators generally stay with DEBIAN package managers. Canonical etc are pioneering greater innovation and community participation than Fedora. Far more Linux operating systems & users prefer Canonical-based systems than Fedora-based systems.
                    Because those creators worked and were familiar with Debian environment. Marketing was Canonical strongest point thanks to Mr Shuttleworth fame. The innovation and contributions are arguably from Fedora, system management and modern desktop environment is among them.

                    Unless Red Hat redesigns their RPM package, the RPM communities will stay small and very divided. The unresolved bug reports will increase far beyond salvage.
                    Red Hat & Fedora also face the preference of hardware suppliers.
                    You are very late. RPM got improved with collaboration of Red Hat, SUSE and Mageia reaching a common ground.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X