Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Mucus View Post
    SEXIST WHITE MONSTER!

On a more serious note, this statement is sober, neutral and casts no stone on anybody. Just perfect.

"be excellent to each other" appears twice, whereas "safe space" and "inclusive, welcoming, and open-minded" appears once. In some time all this lingo will fall in disuse altogether and people will be nice to each other again.

All around me I see leftists outlets losing traction (as well as the alternate news source often deemed right wing, some of which are resorting to anti-rape narratives to appeal to emotions and failing miserably). And people with a clear "minority" profile are being reasonable and nice to hang out with – much nicer than some former Law school colleagues that actually fit no minority profile at all! And I'm not seeing people making an excessively big deal of Trump, Bolsonaro & co. either!

Seems like the end of the apocalypse is near!
    Cheers to this, Sir

Comment

I never understood why people use Fedora without getting paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
        It's very good OS now. Much better than it was in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by gregzeng View Post
          Debian code is preferred by the vast majority of Linux system creators & users. Fedora and other RPM users have deep architectural reasons why they are so hostile to end users.
          Fedora, Red Hat, Centos etc are based on the RPM package manager. Third party applications have trouble about which version of RPM to use. The several code creators generally stay with DEBIAN package managers. Canonical etc are pioneering greater innovation and community participation than Fedora.
          Unless Red Hat redesigns their RPM package, the RPM communities will stay small and very divided. The unresolved bug reports will increase far beyond salvage.
          Red Hat & Fedora also face the preference of hardware suppliers. Both Debian & Canonical seem to be preferred, compared to the very confusing RPM groups.
          RPM doesn't need to be redesigned, it's not complicated but there are advanced features if you want to use them.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore given containers are used to package and ship applications instead.

Canonical etc are pioneering greater innovation and community participation than Fedora.
          Yes, with projects like systemd!

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
            Because it's a good distro if you want something that isn't gonna shove non-free/commercialization in your face, has up to date stock packages and has all the newest things.

Comment

A new vision statement, just as effective as all the others that came before it. Just another thing to remember when it is time to toe the party line. When it comes to work, you don't need to be buddy-buddy. Just be courteous and professional. The more emotional distance you keep to your colleagues, the easier it is to work with them.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Sounds super-duper inclusive.
                You can't complain unless you're willing to do the work yourself, which you aren't.

Stop being self-entitled, people don't have to do work (or free) because you don't want to come into the 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Some stupid M$ fonts aren't major issues.
                  Well do fuck off.

It's not just MS fonts which are utterly broken.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Well do fuck off.

It's not just MS fonts which are utterly broken.
                    I know. Windows has much more problems.

Comment

Fedora stakeholders had been debating a new one sentence vision
                      For a moment I thought "Fedora will be called System-D OS from now on and it's version will start with 2xx.yy".

Originally posted by King Mucus View Post
                      [...]
                      On a more serious note, this statement is sober, neutral and casts no stone on anybody. Just perfect.[...]
                      In my opinion, the simpler a statement, the better it is. If it has many words or it's complicated, it's political stuff.

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post
                      Dear Matthew Miller,

Please take the time to visit some IRC channels like #fedora and the rest of them and you'll realize how silly is your vision statement. Fedora have tons of angry, rude, miserable, lonely people (interestingly, all of them male).

CentOS is not far behind, their #centos IRC channel is even worse, even more angry, rude and miserable people. CentOS is the exact opposite of a community project, unfortunately. RedHat won't even fix bugs reported the the community, they mostly fix/improve things for paying customers. You wouldn't call that friendly.

Considering I'm involved in both projects... I know what I'm taking about.

From my experience, this goes for every IRC channel. And I find normal that angry, rude, miserable and lonely nerds are male.

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

funny you mention that cause thats why i stopped reporting Bugs, they only care for the paying customer, " if you use Fedora, you fix it yaself " , thats Fedora's Redhats Motto AFAICT

From my experience, this is not true, I've received a lot of support on a free product from Red Hat people.

Comment

Working...
                      X