Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian Looks To Go More Social From Microblogging To A Federated Image+Video Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Looks To Go More Social From Microblogging To A Federated Image+Video Platform

Phoronix: Debian Looks To Go More Social From Microblogging To A Federated Image+Video Platform

Debian has the debian.social domain where they are looking to deploy a set of services to share content and collaborate among Debian contributors as their own federated social platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    (similar to mastodon)
    Mastodon (with initial caps)

Comment

If it were last year, I would say that it is a useless effort, but with the corona situation, any means to allow better remote communication, closer to the "in real life" experience, is a good thing

Comment

Neat, the SJWs are steering the wheel now, and of course they need a microblog and video platform to show others how special snowflakes they are. Don't we have already Tumblr for that?

Comment

Pity that most of the services are so web-only...
          Also lol https://www.google.com/search?q=Rhonda+D%27Vine
          Last edited by mos87; 20 March 2020, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mos87 View Post
            Pity that most of the services are so web-only...
            Also lol https://www.google.com/search?q=Rhonda+D%27Vine
            I know that I'm the last person that should say this, but "Fucking really? Really?".

Comment

What do developers need besides a simple communicator and e-mail? Social media is cancer, and it seems that people need it so much they'll launch pointless initiatives such as this one. I can't wait for their foundation to waste money on hiring social media managers.

Comment

So ignorance aside, this gets interesting because I believe that the fedverse already has an answer to that in Peertube (which they are testing). The problem might not be it but federating with the rest of the network, some places are quite.... radical... and to have any sanity, an admin and their mod team is going to have to work alot over whom they share and federate with.

That said, another ActivePub access point is VERY welcome, at least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  I know that I'm the last person that should say this, but "Fucking really? Really?".
                  What's wrong, never seen a trans person?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    What's wrong, never seen a trans person?
                    So you think "lol and a link" is an appropriate response when someone sees a trans person?

Comment

Working...
                    X