X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, can confirm. Easylist, used by adblock, has a rule hiding

Code:
    phoronix.com##div[style^="text-align: center;"]
    which contains all the charts. The 1st element on the page appears to be an ad, so i guess they got carried away with the rule. Perhaps it's automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by W.Irrkopf View Post
      Hmm, as as premium user I should not be subjected to ads at all - and still the benchmarks are missing with activated ad-blocker :-(
      Isn't that because ad-blocker is mistakenly classifying the benchmark results as ads ? Don't think it has anything to do with the site serving ads to you.
      Test signature

Comment

Hmm, as as premium user I should not be subjected to ads at all - and still the benchmarks are missing with activated ad-blocker :-(
        Just tell ad-block to exclude phoronix, then and you won't get any ads and still see the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          Yep, can confirm. Easylist, used by adblock, has a rule hiding

Code:
          phoronix.com##div[style^="text-align: center;"]
          which contains all the charts. The 1st element on the page appears to be an ad, so i guess they got carried away with the rule. Perhaps it's automatic.
          Somehow this is no surprise. I remember about a year ago getting a complaint that a totally non-monetized, no ads allowed political website I am one of the admins of was being blocked in its entirety by Adblock as well as by the DC libraries and several wireless networks. A similar issue was reported by the activist-owned Riseup email server, which was several times falsely flagged by the Spamhaus project leading to blocked emails. In short, not all authors of blocklists can be trusted, and I've seen outright politicization before. Thus, all blocklists require manual editing both to remove undesired whitelists (e.g. ABP's "paying customers") and undesired blacklists. There's no really good solution to this unfortunately. Privacy Badger's behavior system, for instance, won't work on a "stateless" browser which is always run from a fresh start.

Comment

Code:
            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.conf  [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=monospace]Section "Device"[/FONT]
            [FONT=monospace]       Identifier      "Device0"[/FONT]
            [FONT=monospace]       Driver          "modesetting"[/FONT]
            [FONT=monospace]       Option          "AccelMethod"   "glamor"[/FONT]
            [FONT=monospace]EndSection[/FONT]
            to enable modesetting usage...

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
              Can confirm this (temporarily toggling cosmetic filtering with UB shows the benchmarks). Here's an archive.is link for anyone else who can't see it: https://archive.is/OoZ9t

Is this intentional?
              As mentioned a few times, no it's not intentional, it's the faulty of EasyList that they have a too broad of a filter in an update made recently.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Just disable EasyList or whatever for Phoronix then. This isn't something I changed on my end but rather an EasyList fail as mentioned in a few other posts now.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Why would we expect any changes in 3d performance when changing out the X driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Just disable EasyList or whatever for Phoronix then. This isn't something I changed on my end but rather an EasyList fail as mentioned in a few other posts now.
                    Thanks for the quick and detailed response! Now I regard this as a bug in Easylist and I will treat it as such.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                      Why would we expect any changes in 3d performance when changing out the X driver?
                      The real question is, if this generic driver works just as well as vendor specific ones, why do we have them in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                      X