Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLAMOR Acceleration Might Work On Newer X.Org

Phoronix: GLAMOR Acceleration Might Work On Newer X.Org

The widely-believed thought was X.Org Server 1.13 (or newer) wasn't working with the GLAMOR acceleration library to run 2D over OpenGL. GLAMOR is explicitly needed for AMD Radeon HD 7000 series acceleration support while it's an optional feature to the Intel driver. It turns out, however, that GLAMOR might already work with the latest X.Org Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That was funny

Gave me a good hearty laugh.

Comment

OMG can't believe it LOL
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        That was funny

Gave me a good hearty laugh.
        But on the other side, it's not funny at all! (Think about it)

Comment

Well that is another proof rolling release community distros like Arch and Gentoo do more work testing and bugfixing while Canonical claims all the glory. If you notice, this email is an answer to an Arch-related question, i followed it too through the Arch bug tracker.

The bleeding edge-rolling release model found this out, if we had waited for Ubuntu we would have waited months or even years more... And no, no systems were broken during this discovery and experimentation... That is how a serious distro works, people...

Now you Ubuntu n00bs and fanbois, go around in other threads and scream "Rolling release model is bad and unstable" again...

Comment

Arch/Gentoo have for sure more tech-oriented users, and tinkerers. No big deal that they influence upstream developemnt.

If you want to compare rolling vs fixed point releas strategies you MUST compare distros with equall tech-oriented users numbers. Otherwise you risk basing conclusions on biased data

Comment

I'm not saying rolling is unstable, but:

How was your sysVinit-to-systemd migration back in october 2012? :3

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

I was using arch at that time and had no problems.

Comment

Perfectly well.

Just switched off comp. service for sysvinit

But I switched to Arch AFTER it switched to systemd just to look at beautifil KDE 4.10 and to see how systemd performs. (Both experiences went well )

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

Went off without a hitch actually lol :P
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X