Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
      what is wrong with the current logo? it's perfectly fine and doesn't look old in any way.
      The X in the logo is nice, but the orange thingy around it is starting to show its age. Also a refresh of the lettering wouldn't hurt.

@V!NCENT I can see you are going to flood this thread with ideas Let's see if we can make the new logo right here at phoronix. So far my favourite is the black X with the white dot in the middle. Maybe with all the letters with the same height it will look better. I'll give it a shot when I have the time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
          The X in the logo is nice, but the orange thingy around it is starting to show its age. Also a refresh of the lettering wouldn't hurt.
          I'm doing this with tuxpaint as I'm no graphics pro :') These are ideas for a pro to work out so to speak :P

@V!NCENT I can see you are going to flood this thread with ideas Let's see if we can make the new logo right here at phoronix. So far my favourite is the black X with the white dot in the middle. Maybe with all the letters with the same height it will look better. I'll give it a shot when I have the time.[/QUOTE]
          The blue and white one looks too much like the DivX logo -_- and theX with the white dot reminds me too much of PhysX with ageia dot on the middle (*sigh*).

It sucks to find out that after moddifying your logo's you end up with something someone else has already thought of

The red and orange rings makes people recognise the X.org becaus they know the old logo. It's realy hard to come up with a simple logo that's not tried before with PhysX, DivX and DirectX. I like the handwritten-style X on the last one. Maybe mix it all.

The logo is not old but can't be copyrighted, right? Maybe mix it with some blue?

Comment

aadawdawawdawdawdawd

Comment

I too like the old logo. It comes superb in the kde4 taskbar icons.

Vincent, seriously, install Inkscape and give it a shot. Unlike The Gimp, it has a nice, intuitive, discoverable GUI. It isn't a 'pro' getto; for what you are doing you don't need to know anything and the result will automatically jump from "OMG WTF is this" to something that will look nice and clean.

Comment

before someone starts sketching and doing stuff wouldn't it be better if the people that want it tell us a bit about what they have in mind??

Michael can you ask them??

after all they are the "client"

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                  what is wrong with the current logo? it's perfectly fine and doesn't look old in any way.
                  From the article it sounds like the main reason for a new logo would be to get it registered as a trademark, without getting into a legal battle with that Brazilian company....

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                    before someone starts sketching and doing stuff wouldn't it be better if the people that want it tell us a bit about what they have in mind??

Michael can you ask them??

after all they are the "client"

This. I'd love be able to get in touch with them, or at least some sort of "representative".

Comment

Originally posted by Izobalax View Post
                      This. I'd love be able to get in touch with them, or at least some sort of "representative".
                      It's a free software project, just jump in on the mailing lists, probably the xorg list.

Comment

Working...
                      X