Raspberry Pi 5 Kernel Graphics Driver Support Queued Ahead Of Linux 6.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi 5 Kernel Graphics Driver Support Queued Ahead Of Linux 6.8

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi 5 Kernel Graphics Driver Support Queued Ahead Of Linux 6.8

An initial set of drm-misc-next changes has been sent out today to DRM-Next of the very first feature patches to begin queuing until the Linux 6.8 merge window opens up around the start of the new year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is great news.
    I hope more ARM stuff will be upstreamed.

Comment

I just wish you could actually get one in a reasonable time frame. All the authorized resellers in my country have lead times as far out as late January or Feb, IF they aren't just listing it as "sold out".

Orange Pis are looking pretty good about now even with needing their kernel cuz their own drivers haven't been accepted upstream yet.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
        I just wish you could actually get one in a reasonable time frame. All the authorized resellers in my country have lead times as far out as late January or Feb, IF they aren't just listing it as "sold out".

Orange Pis are looking pretty good about now even with needing their kernel cuz their own drivers haven't been accepted upstream yet.
        Same here. The problem with Raspberry Pi 5 in my country is their availability. And all of Orange Pi 5 variants seems to have excellent availability at their official online store on AliExpress and Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by AkulaMD View Post

Same here. The problem with Raspberry Pi 5 in my country is their availability. And all of Orange Pi 5 variants seems to have excellent availability at their official online store on AliExpress and Amazon.
          There's some features in the RPi 5 that are quite attractive like being able to switch out PCI-e interfaces which the Orange Pi 5 doesn't seem to have, but the performance metrics are neck and neck, while the Orange Pi 5 has a 16 GB version. If you want to use it as a low powered desktop in a space premium spot, there's plenty of appeal there. I've got one such spot I'm considering out in a work shed that I've been waffling on whether buying a small form factor PC or either of the Pi5s. If I ever had to go DC only out there for power outage reasons, the Pis are a better choice (it's a ham radio shack I'm putting together).

Comment

Working...
          X