Linux 6.6 MSM DRM Driver Preps For New Hardware, Overhead Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.6 MSM DRM Driver Preps For New Hardware, Overhead Optimizations

Phoronix: Linux 6.6 MSM DRM Driver Preps For New Hardware, Overhead Optimizations

Googler Rob Clark on Sunday sent out the set of MSM DRM patches prepped for the upcoming Linux 6.6 merge window. The MSM DRM driver is the kernel component for open-source Qualcomm Adreno graphics that goes along with the Freedreno Gallium3D and TURNIP Vulkan drivers in Mesa for having a nice Qualcomm Linux graphics stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The graphics stack on these makes me wish someone made a Raspberry Pi-like board based on 'em. It would be nice to have a mainstream-ish SBC that had wasn't as 'weird' as the Pi and had an open graphics stack closer to release date.

Comment

there are Qualcomm developer boards.
      I hope that this work will eventually lead to less diffs in a smartphone vendors fork from aosp

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
        there are Qualcomm developer boards.
        I hope that this work will eventually lead to less diffs in a smartphone vendors fork from aosp
        are there any that won't make me cry when I look at my wallet though? xD

Comment

Googler Rob Clark on ...
          What exactly is a "googler"? Isn't anybody that knows how to type into the search bar a "googler"? This also changes the meaning of "to google something".

Comment

Working...
          X