No announcement yet.

Qualcomm Adreno 700 Series GPU Support Published For Open-Source Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Adreno 700 Series GPU Support Published For Open-Source Linux Driver

Phoronix: Qualcomm Adreno 700 Series GPU Support Published For Open-Source Linux Driver

Linaro engineers have been working out support for the latest-generation Qualcomm Adreno 700 series graphics processors found in the newest Snapdragon SoCs. Published on Wednesday were the initial MSM DRM kernel driver patches for bringing up the A700 series open-source graphics support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How come this driver is being developed by Linaro and not Qualcomm?
    What interest does Linaro have in Adreno?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I think Qualcomm and/or Google (because Chromebooks) contract with Linaro to develop the driver. Both Qualcomm and Google(among others) have their logos on Linaro's website: https://www.linaro.org/

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I think Linaro helps anyone who need ARM development support via contracts , they are also helping Microsoft for Windows on ARM similar to how Igalia helps companies in Browser space. I wish there was something like that for RISC-V to port Rust ring library properly to Risc-V

Comment

What does a Snapdragon with a 700-series Adreno cost in the 'millions' volume? I desperately want someone to make an SBC or a Mini-ITX board based on these (with a UEFI BIOS). I am getting pretty tired of Raspberry Pi sticking to Broadcom and VideoCore, where the open drivers land three years after the hardware and the boards need custom spins of distros to boot.

Comment

Hey Michael not directly related to this news but yuzu (Nintendo switch emulator) uses turnip when running in Android, it can load Mesa driver instead of using the device one,

Comment

Working...
            X