Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.20.10 Allows For Larger Number Of Input Devices, Present Extension Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.20.10 Allows For Larger Number Of Input Devices, Present Extension Fixes

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.20.10 Allows For Larger Number Of Input Devices, Present Extension Fixes

Following Tuesday's disclosure of more X.Org Server security bugs, X.Org Server 1.20.10 was released that provides those input fixes plus a number of other patches that have been back-ported and accumulated in the 1.20 series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why is it so hard to just tag out a release for 1.21?

Comment

So now the guy with the 9 touchscreen monitor bug in 2013 can run 64 touchscreen monitors?

Comment

I also am curious about the release difficulty. I'd be happy to help run time based releases.. I'd also be happy to create a plan to start calling parts of it dead and remove them from new releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post
          Why is it so hard to just tag out a release for 1.21?
          Because it comes with a support commitment for a long while.

Comment

Mam, but everyone said it's dead! It must be dead, right? Wayland all the way? Rrrright?

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              Snaipersky
              Or just accept X is dead. The recent 1.20 releases are mostly Red Hat’s Xwayland fixes.
              I really want to accept X is dead but (KDE) Wayland is still not working on my multi-UHD-monitor setup so…

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                Mam, but everyone said it's dead! It must be dead, right? Wayland all the way? Rrrright?
                it is a kind of undead
                I love Wayland, but i love X.Org as well, for different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
                  I really want to accept X is dead but (KDE) Wayland is still not working on my multi-UHD-monitor setup so…
                  Thats a KDE issue, not a Wayland issue. Use a proper desktop if you want something newer then 70s technology.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    Fork it and support it for the next 20 years if you love this botched 70s hack job so much. Current Xorg developers rather dive in shit then to support this mess of a software any longer, so I guess you will have to do that yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X