Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMDGPU Fixes For Linux 5.5 Include AMDKFD For PowerPC, Fix For Old ATI R100/R200 GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
    Out of curiosity does any one have experience with running ganged AMD graphics cards with Linux? If so how is it working and how hard is it to set up?
    The hardest part of running multiple GPUs is running out of MMIO space. Most systems only have a limited MMIO window for 32 bit compatibility. GPU tend to have pretty extensive MMIO requirements to provide CPU access to vram. Some sbioses provide an option to have a larger MMIO window. This option is usually called ">4G MMIO" or something similar.

Comment

Thanks agd5f.

Comment

Now I wish to know what distros are there that still support PowerPC G4 and this kernel 5.5.

If such exits, I could revive an old Mac Mini with a Radeon 9200.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
          Now I wish to know what distros are there that still support PowerPC G4 and this kernel 5.5.

Shameless plug, come on over to https://forums.raptorcs.com/index.php/board,14.0.html and ask. Of course, you'll probably have a much better experience with a POWER8/POWER9 system...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Does that bug cause the screen/graphics card to "turn off"? Or does it just freeze the card?
            Complete freezing my PC without anything in logs, but it's working if I force power level to high instead auto. This bug exists in kernel and mesa bug tracker.

Comment

agd5f if you will have time can you look into https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/issues/716 ?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post

There're only a few distributions left. Adélie Linux, CruxPPC 3.5, Debian sid, Fienix, Gentoo, MintPPC 19, Ubuntu 16.04, VoidLinux. VoidLinux has Kernel 5.4, IIRC. I do not know which distribution works with Mac mini. But with max. 1GB RAM you won't have any fun with the mini anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X