Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Graphics Driver Update Lands In Linux 5.5 With Exciting Changes For Intel + AMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Graphics Driver Update Lands In Linux 5.5 With Exciting Changes For Intel + AMD

Phoronix: The Big Graphics Driver Update Lands In Linux 5.5 With Exciting Changes For Intel + AMD

The Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) graphics/display driver updates were sent out last night for the Linux 5.5 kernel and quickly landed into the mainline tree...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    AMDGPU has continued onboard of the "Arcturus" Vega-drived workstation GPU with now handling VCN encoding, EEPROM support, and other features. Meanwhile Vega 20 has added RAS support.

Comment

Well, this is all fine and good but I wanted full BACON support, while AMD short shifted us with BACO instead

Comment

I don't see flip patch for amdgpu landing yet (it didn't make in 5.4 either).

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
          Well, this is all fine and good but I wanted full BACON support, while AMD short shifted us with BACO instead
          Reminded me of this, despite the fact I haven't seen the show in like... 15 years:

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            I don't see flip patch for amdgpu landing yet (it didn't make in 5.4 either).
            which one?

Comment

Remind me, what's the state with radv vs AMDGPU these days for Vulcan support? Performance, new hardware support, features, other pros & cons? I'm mostly interested in state on Radon 5700 XT.

Comment

Working...
              X