Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Graphics Driver Update Lands In Linux 5.5 With Exciting Changes For Intel + AMD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Graphics Driver Update Lands In Linux 5.5 With Exciting Changes For Intel + AMD

Phoronix: The Big Graphics Driver Update Lands In Linux 5.5 With Exciting Changes For Intel + AMD

The Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) graphics/display driver updates were sent out last night for the Linux 5.5 kernel and quickly landed into the mainline tree...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...x-5.5-DRM-Pull

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    AMDGPU has continued onboard of the "Arcturus" Vega-drived workstation GPU with now handling VCN encoding, EEPROM support, and other features. Meanwhile Vega 20 has added RAS support.

Comment

Well, this is all fine and good but I wanted full BACON support, while AMD short shifted us with BACO instead

Comment

I don't see flip patch for amdgpu landing yet (it didn't make in 5.4 either).

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
          Well, this is all fine and good but I wanted full BACON support, while AMD short shifted us with BACO instead
          Reminded me of this, despite the fact I haven't seen the show in like... 15 years:

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            I don't see flip patch for amdgpu landing yet (it didn't make in 5.4 either).
            which one?

Comment

Originally posted by clapbr View Post

which one?
              https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...e8950f19daf841

Comment

Remind me, what's the state with radv vs AMDGPU these days for Vulcan support? Performance, new hardware support, features, other pros & cons? I'm mostly interested in state on Radon 5700 XT.

Comment

Working...
                X