Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.20.6 Released With Many Bug Fixes - Helps XWayland, PRIME + Other Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.20.6 Released With Many Bug Fixes - Helps XWayland, PRIME + Other Bits

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.20.6 Released With Many Bug Fixes - Helps XWayland, PRIME + Other Bits

While it's taking painfully long to get X.Org Server 1.21 organized for release, at least in the interim there continues to be new xorg-server 1.20 point releases that back-port many of the prominent fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very good work from NVIDIA here.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      Release motivated by GNOME’s need for Xwayland fixes.
      Gnome needs to fix Gnome shell or mutter, because some games on Steam are unplayable. In KDE they're working like a charm. They also need to fix gdm which doesn't work with custom Kernel. After that it will be great desktop.

Comment

here we go

* Buckles seatbelt *

Comment

Finally again a release, this is really good news :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            work with custom Kernel.
            Huh...

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Huh...
              I'll explain if you don't understand. I have compiled my custom kernel which boots fine to KDE. When comes to Gnome gdm won't start with it. Maybe once in few tries it will work. So I can say 'huh' when this crap doesn't want to work.

Comment

Nice to see a new release. But I am still waiting for Multi DPI support in XWayland.

Comment

Finally we have the nvidia hybrid gpu support in an official release.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

I'll explain if you don't understand. I have compiled my custom kernel which boots fine to KDE. When comes to Gnome gdm won't start with it. Maybe once in few tries it will work. So I can say 'huh' when this crap doesn't want to work.
                    Maybe he's thinking that only persons on the autism spectrum compile their own kernels in 2019.

Comment

Working...
                    X