Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.20.6 Released With Many Bug Fixes - Helps XWayland, PRIME + Other Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Are you calling Gentoo users autistic?

That said any half-decent distro makes recompiling the kernel package (any package really) with different options easy.
    Just a bad joke. That's certainly true. I started with Red Hat, SUSE, then Knoppix. Gentoo was the first distribution which didn't fail when I wanted to compile my own kernel. I suspect the earlier experiences failed due to some missing build dependency or header package.

Comment

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post

Maybe your initial post wasn't trolling (I know for a fact it was, since all your posts are). But let's give you the benefit of the doubt. In any event, this last one totally is trolling. You know exactly what you're doing here, and a lot of long-time readers are getting sick of it. So kindly knock it off. But of course I know you won't ...
      Exactly. It is clear 144Hz is actually a reluctant and hesitant Griffin/GhostOfFunkS/Mentalist that slowly lost its patience and now is back to its former self.
      And I don't even understand how is it that its posts often get a lot of likes... Does he/she create that many accounts?

...Remember how G/G/M used to type "KDE" in lowercase? "kde"?

Guess what? 144Hz did the same:
      sway and kwin
      It's KWin...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        It is clear 144Hz is actually a reluctant and hesitant Griffin/GhostOfFunkS/Mentalist that slowly lost its patience and now is back to its former self.
        Yep. "GNOME is the standard desktop!" all day long and turns every thread into desktop holy wars.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

That doesn't mean the only fixes in new X releases are GNOME-specific.
          I never said that it was
          Also, X is looking to move to automated 6 month releases, so they realize that the current release model isn't working.
          You know, with the amount of time that X.org has been focused on smaller and smaller changes to the code, I don't see how moving to a 6 month release schedule will help. If there is anything that sees any movement, it's Xwayland and not much with the rest of the stack.... so outside of that, I can't see a rapid release schedule making the project more active, just less...

Comment

Originally posted by Duve View Post
            I never said that it was (GNOME-specific)
            No, but you said 144Hz wasn't trolling. "Made by GNOME. Made for GNOME." That's not trolling? C'mon...

I can't see a rapid release schedule making the project more active, just less..
            I don't see it changing the project's activity at all, nor is it the goal to create more activity. It's about making sure changes are released in a timely manner.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              DanL I'm not trolling you. You just feel trolled by facts. Sorry but this is not your personal safe space where your feelings are more important than facts.
              "facts". A word debianxfce used often too as an excuse to troll.

You clearly are an annoyance.

While it could be true that many X.Org developers work at Red Hat, saying "Made by/for GNOME" is just annoying.
              Last edited by tildearrow; 25 November 2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Exactly. It is clear 144Hz is actually a reluctant and hesitant Griffin/GhostOfFunkS/Mentalist that slowly lost its patience and now is back to its former self.
                And I don't even understand how is it that its posts often get a lot of likes... Does he/she create that many accounts?

...Remember how G/G/M used to type "KDE" in lowercase? "kde"?

Guess what? 144Hz did the same:

It's KWin...
                Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
                Licenses management avoids that Freedom could be removed. Anyone can read for example https://opensource.stackexchange.com/a/757

> unethical
                What it's unethical is to be ejected from Phoronix (https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...370#post947370) and come back again with a different name, 144Hz / GhostOfFunkS / Funkstar / Griffin / Honton.
                -- https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...17#post1131417

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                  tildearrow A fact is a thing that is known to be consistent with objective reality and can be proven to be true with evidence. Open the commit log and count. GNOME people did the majority of work. Proven.
                  OK, ok, the time has come.

Now that this thread does not mention GNOME in any way, can you realize that you are the one going off-topic here?

Comment

See? We couldn't have a nice conversation about X.Org anymore...

We could have just ignored the troll, but people somehow like him... and we're forced to fight.

Comment

We could have just ignored the troll, but people somehow like him... and we're forced to fight.
                      Ignoring users doesn't work on Phoronix. Call out the troll, press its triggers and accelerate banhammer. Repeat as necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X