X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nanonyme
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    A new release of XWayland is overdue, there are several important bug fixes and improvements outstanding due to the non existent X.org releases :-(
    I totally agree and I think developers do too. Hence why this new way of releasing was chosen.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    A new release of XWayland is overdue, there are several important bug fixes and improvements outstanding due to the non existent X.org releases :-(

Leave a comment:

• DebianLinuxero
    replied
    I'm waiting for next release for official nVidia PRIME support.

Leave a comment:

• treba
    replied
    This sounds really good. One of the most important things that still receives new features is XWayland (start-on-demand, modesetting emulation, fractional scaling support), so having a similar release schedule as the compositors is very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• 9Strike
    replied
    The most important thing is that we get releaes again.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Maybe code can be removed? Maybe the code base for X.Org can be reduced?
    Or a build flag to build a minimal X.Org Server with only the bare minimum functionality needed for XWayland to work.

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    CI is the second best option now that no one wants to do proper maintenance anymore.
    Wayland is the future. Each compositor to its own.
    Even with wayland coming up as main display driver, X11 would take another decade or more to die out.
    Not everything runs linux, but does use X11. So I hope Xwayland will work well.
    X11 is pretty stable and completely fleshed out as a protocol, wayland is still a moving target, but good enough to replace the simple framebuffer driver on most SoC's with a much better one.

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    CI != QA/QC.

I'm not a fan of this idea.
    Huh? CI is not a panacea for anything, but it can make quality control a whole lot easier and more reliable, as it cuts out a large fraction of the human factor. A lot of testing can be automated, so that less manual testing is required. And that's exactly what Adam Jackson is proposing here. I'm a big fan of that idea.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    I guess this makes sense, X.org is heading for EOL anyway.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    CI != QA/QC.

I'm not a fan of this idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X