KDE Plasma 5.12 Pushing For "An Awesome Release On Wayland"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khrundel View Post
    I've meant the new device memory allocation API, not GBM.
    GBM is something Mesa uses. Some good enough subsystem, designed to... well, to allocate device memory buffers. Luckily, that is what wayland compositor needs, so weston developers decided just to take simplest solution, not caring for non-mesa drivers.
    Actually, missing nvidia support is enough to bury GBM-only happy world.
    Actually, current "middleground" API should wrap both EGLStreams and GBM, so there is nothing impossible to combine them. Which of them should be "common denominator"? Well, GBM was created to be a simple enough allocator for mesa, while EGLStreams was specifically designed to create a pipeline of differrent programs. I trust Khronos won't accept something clearly broken or tightly bound to one implementation.
    i see, you were trolling ... i guess my bad

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

i see, you were trolling ... i guess my bad
      No, He just said some things other people are gonna disagree with. There are real legit trolls, but this isn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        You and the rest of "PC master race" fascists...
        Yep, I'd describe myself like that. Only "perfect" is enough. Unfortunately, currently Windows DWM still seems to come closest to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post

Oh yeah, I just happen to be the lead developer of a quite crappy cross-platform KDE application for the past 15 years. What have you done other than troll on forums? Probably not even something we can refer to as crap.

And why would I submit patches? I have zero interest in Wayland and quite content with X, it's someone's else problem.
          It's kind of depressing that you would see moving away from X to Wayland as pointless. I wouldn't want you as a team member with that kind of a mindset if I was working on new things. I'd just let you debug and maintain old stuff since you see quite content with it.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            nope he would refuse. He spent more time on writting on why he wont do it than it would have taken him to do it.
            He wrote on several occasions that he no longer has interest in accepting big code drops when the author has no intention to maintain it. Things like window tabbing were written for Summer of Code and then after the students collected the money, they just vanished. That's why NVidia would need not only to hire someone to develop their feature but also to continue to maintain it. However, since NVidia is obviously too cheap to even attempt such an approach, people should just give their money to AMD instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

He wrote on several occasions that he no longer has interest in accepting big code drops when the author has no intention to maintain it. Things like window tabbing were written for Summer of Code and then after the students collected the money, they just vanished. That's why NVidia would need not only to hire someone to develop their feature but also to continue to maintain it. However, since NVidia is obviously too cheap to even attempt such an approach, people should just give their money to AMD instead.
              Unfortunately that's often what happens with GSoC. Especially if students does not have enough time to merge things during GSoC.

Comment

Re: NoVideo

Maybe their useds could just buy hardware that supports Linux next time.

Comment

Working...
                X