Shuttleworth Challenged Over Mir Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theghost View Post
    Nobody cares what Mark writes, it's just a little P.R. for Mir, which is not final yet.
    If that was the case nobody would be bothered. The problem is that a lot of people do care what Mark writes. He is the leader of the largest Linux community right now, and what he says is believed and repeated by many Ubuntu fans. It has happened before when Mark has spread lies like this.

But why must everyone, especially the KDE devs, crawl out from under their rock and state their opinion.
    Because for some reason Mark seems to direct a lot of trouble KDE's way. It has happened before with his lies about kwin development, and this comment as well appear to be directed at KDE.

And before Seigo et al. crawl out of their cave to prove something, they should get their own shit together.
    Just look at the Vivaldi tablet and Plasma Active...Where is it ?
    First, this isn't about technology, it is about telling lies about other communities.

Second, plasma active is available and has been for a while. And the QA model of Vivaldi has already shipped.

Comment

I think Canonical needs to hire some PR person whose job description is to censor/edit everything Mark says.

The job title would be "CEO Babysitter".

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        I think Canonical needs to hire some PR person whose job description is to censor/edit everything Mark says.

Only Mark isn't the CEO of Canonical, Jane Silber is.

Comment

Mark is the founder of Canonical, a PRIVATE company , thus majority share holder, so anyone appointed as CEO COO or whatever corporate title given still answers to Mark . So why would they hire someone to censor the major shareholder/founder/director of a company.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
            Apparently the guy took quite an uneducated swipe at the Tea Party. I didn't get to see the original comments because he wisely removed them... but what is with people who get upset over "name calling" and being "insulted" and then go on to essentially call the Tea Party a bunch of assholes?
            So where did he call the Tea Party such a word as "assholes"? Who is being "uneducated" now? I guess he only equated the extremely ideologically biased, factual resistant and conflict seeking characteristics of (a significant fraction of) both groups.

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
              So why would they hire someone to censor the major shareholder/founder/director of a company.
              To keep him from damaging the reputation of the company by saying absurdly stupid things.

Comment

To keep him from damaging the reputation of the company by saying absurdly stupid things.
                It's his company. Nobody else has power over it, or him.

Comment

Since it's HIS PRIVATE company he can actually say anything he likes. Since majority shareholder he would only ever be damaging his own potential earnings. As a director/founder/shareholder of a company myself ,if one the company employees, CEO or not, was absurd enough to hire someone, who's job description is simply damage control of my personal or corporate announcements on my blog or social networks,they would be fired.

Whilst his comments only fuel the fire your suggestion is never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by synaptix View Post
                    Anyone remember Marks little comment here:

This was before Steve Job's spirit indwelled himself in Mark's heart .

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
                      So where did he call the Tea Party such a word as "assholes"? Who is being "uneducated" now? I guess he only equated the extremely ideologically biased, factual resistant and conflict seeking characteristics of (a significant fraction of) both groups.
                      Extremely ideologically biased, factual resistant and conflict seeking groups. Are you describing BO$$?

Comment

Working...
                      X