X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

=)

Originally posted by MrTheSoulz View Post
    unless as your Pro Mir Comments = useless as your Pro Mir Comments? if so:

im not in love with either mir or wayland, im a neutral in here trying to learn.
    you dont see me flaming either wayland or mir and i wont at least untill they are both finished and can actuly be compared to each other, comparing mir or btw wayland to x at this point is a waste of time since non of them are finished products.

or unless as Xmir = or useless as Xmir? if so:
    i dont see why mir is useless.
    if not more is testing mir and giving a change for cpu vendors to get theyr drivers ready and get feedback from people who can actuly say something good and arent just writing for war fun.
    finally someone with brain

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
      lol this a joke write? and i can t understand your point, precisas duma vitaminas para esse cerebro jovem, n?o ?s muito esperto
      i dont speak portuguese l?cherlich

Comment

learn

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
        i dont speak portuguese l?cherlich
        it?s easy learn. lol maybe not easy for a german or what you are

Comment

it?s easy learn. lol maybe not easy for a german or what you are
          Psht, you mean you can't speak Finnish? You're obviously an idiot, anyone can learn...

Comment

Originally posted by MrTheSoulz View Post
            im not in love with either mir or wayland, im a neutral in here trying to learn.
            Fair enough, we are the same kind.

you dont see me flaming either wayland or mir and i wont at least untill they are both finished and can actuly be compared to each other, comparing mir or btw wayland to x at this point is a waste of time since non of them are finished products.
            AFAIK, Wayland is a finished product (as finished as software can be), just there are mesa and kernel changes not already there, and some things to polish on compositors. But Wayland itself is already complete, AFAIK.

if not more is testing mir and giving a change for cpu vendors to get theyr drivers ready and get feedback from people who can actuly say something good and arent just writing for war fun.
            On the time, they could have the time they need just by Ubuntu using X.org until Mir and the drivers are ready, so that's not a good reason either.
            On testing, there are only a few Mir things you can test through XMir, and they're noticeable enough to get polished in an alpha release of whatever version ends up using a native Mir desktop. To name the obvious ones, you can test modesetting, XMir itself (I think that's the only non trivial to test), page flipping, eventually, when it's ready, compositing bypassing, and a subset of what is input handling (specifically, identifying the input, but not which surface is it going to, since you only see a fullscreen X server which in turn will handle the input Mir hands to it).

Also, I think it's wrong to make forced testing. The people who tests alphas and betas do it willingly, knowing it's likely to not be for production use, and they do it because of own reasons (I do as a way to collaborate, some people just like to be more bleeding edge while using Ubuntu); since this will go to 13.10 and 14.04, it's a different story.

Comment

finnish

Originally posted by dee. View Post
              Psht, you mean you can't speak Finnish? You're obviously an idiot, anyone can learn...
              who cares about finnish? lol

Comment

yes it is
                looks like ill be unstalling Xubuntu on my wife's Computer
                I don't think Xubuntu is going for Mir. The xfce4 team (if at all) goes for wayland. However Xubuntu might be doing their own thing of course.
                Last edited by Nuc!eoN; 06 August 2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

yes it is
                  looks like ill be unstalling Xubuntu on my wife's Computer
                  Why? They just released a test version with Mir, they're not even sure if it will make it into the actual version yet. They might stick with X for now in the final release version.

Keep your shirt on, sparky!

Comment

who cares about finnish? lol
                    I'm just saying, maybe you should learn English when you come to an English-speaking forum, instead of expecting anyone to know Portuguese... if you want to speak Portuguese, or circle-jerk with others how great it is to be Portuguese, go to a Portuguese forum, simple as that.

No country is better than any other, it's just a matter of chance where you happen to be born.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
                      Fair enough, we are the same kind.

AFAIK, Wayland is a finished product (as finished as software can be), just there are mesa and kernel changes not already there, and some things to polish on compositors. But Wayland itself is already complete, AFAIK.

On the time, they could have the time they need just by Ubuntu using X.org until Mir and the drivers are ready, so that's not a good reason either.
                      On testing, there are only a few Mir things you can test through XMir, and they're noticeable enough to get polished in an alpha release of whatever version ends up using a native Mir desktop. To name the obvious ones, you can test modesetting, XMir itself (I think that's the only non trivial to test), page flipping, eventually, when it's ready, compositing bypassing, and a subset of what is input handling (specifically, identifying the input, but not which surface is it going to, since you only see a fullscreen X server which in turn will handle the input Mir hands to it).

Also, I think it's wrong to make forced testing. The people who tests alphas and betas do it willingly, knowing it's likely to not be for production use, and they do it because of own reasons (I do as a way to collaborate, some people just like to be more bleeding edge while using Ubuntu); since this will go to 13.10 and 14.04, it's a different story.
                      "AFAIK, Wayland is a finished product (as finished as software can be), just there are mesa and kernel changes not already there, and some things to polish on compositors. But Wayland itself is already complete, AFAIK."
                      in the comsumer eyes its not finished untill its running some kind of DE (my opinion).
                      the kind of benchmark i would want to see is weston running a full DE vs xmir.

"On the time, they could have the time they need just by Ubuntu using X.org until Mir and the drivers are ready, so that's not a good reason either."
                      making a DE that only runs with EGL (wayland/mir) is forcing them, what canonical is doing is better, they offer both so they can ease into it (not forcing) wich means wayland is the one forcing it :P

"On testing, there are only a few Mir things you can test through XMir, and they're noticeable enough to get polished in an alpha release of whatever version ends up using a native Mir desktop. To name the obvious ones, you can test modesetting, XMir itself (I think that's the only non trivial to test), page flipping, eventually, when it's ready, compositing bypassing, and a subset of what is input handling (specifically, identifying the input, but not which surface is it going to, since you only see a fullscreen X server which in turn will handle the input Mir hands to it)."
                      testing the drivers is the moust importante thing i belive, if the drivers are ready they can then easly make it run with unity 8 without messing with the drivers at all.

"Also, I think it's wrong to make forced testing. The people who tests alphas and betas do it willingly, knowing it's likely to not be for production use, and they do it because of own reasons (I do as a way to collaborate, some people just like to be more bleeding edge while using Ubuntu); since this will go to 13.10 and 14.04, it's a different story."
                      i dont consider anything but the LTS stable and in my opinion no one should any release outside lts is bleesing edge wich means its for testing to be then put into the next lts.
                      they could do like windows did have a BIG waiting time untill everything is ready and then on launch day find out whats wrong in the real world.

Comment

Working...
                      X