Wayland's Weston Gets Systemd Notification Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
    only my impression nothing more, i?m not claiming nothing ;p but something i have no doubt wayland devs are a lot more motivated now (natural response from all normal ppl)
    You are claiming it even here. And because only Ubuntu and its derivatives can use Mir, it doesn't change much the situation of the "wayland devs", as the competitor is actually still mostly X.

Comment

lol

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
      You are claiming it even here. And because only Ubuntu and its derivatives can use Mir, it doesn't change much the situation of the "wayland devs", as the competitor is actually still mostly X.
      ok if you say so. you claiming for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        Even very conservative estimates of Linux on the desktop exceeds the number of subscribed customers for RHEL by far. There is no doubt about that at all. The logical problem with your preimise is because you are conflating the Linux server market with RHEL market. In the commercial distros market, RHEL is a leader but there are tons of servers out there running on CentOS, Debian etc including hosting providers and Amazon VMI's
        I mean no offense, but within the scope of just this particular debate, CentOS is RHEL. If we're talking about "massive <insert name here> deployment on servers", if it's in RHEL, then it will see massive deployment on servers by way of CentOS.

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        This is just a false notion. Wayland was improved all along and Mir itself was build on all the advancement done for Wayland. You are probably just noticing it more now.
        To add to that, it's also possible that blogs and news sites are reporting on Wayland development more closely now thanks to the added reader interest in Wayland on account of Mir. A simple way to check would be to chart stats about Wayland development like commits, LOC, number of people with commit rights, mailing list activity, etc. against the number of blog / news posts about Wayland. Also, it is possible that there is increased reporting on Wayland but that this increase in reporting is unrelated to Mir, but is simply a consequence of Wayland progressing closer to having something to show and therefore something worth reporting on.
        Last edited by Serge; 05 June 2013, 12:45 PM. Reason: clarified "posts about Wayland" by adding "blog / news" in front.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
          I mean no offense, but within the scope of just this particular debate, CentOS is RHEL. If we're talking about "massive <insert name here> deployment on servers", if it's in RHEL, then it will see massive deployment on servers by way of CentOS.

To add to that, it's also possible that blogs and news sites are reporting on Wayland development more closely now thanks to the added reader interest in Wayland on account of Mir. A simple way to check would be to chart stats about Wayland development like commits, LOC, number of people with commit rights, mailing list activity, etc. against the number of blog / news posts about Wayland. Also, it is possible that there is increased reporting on Wayland but that this increase in reporting is unrelated to Mir, but is simply a consequence of Wayland progressing closer to having something to show and therefore something worth reporting on.
          I suspect that it has more to do with Wayland progressing towards something that more people can use. But to a lesser degree i also believe that Mir has sparked interest in some readers by way of the intrigue surrounding it and Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            I suspect that it has more to do with Wayland progressing towards something that more people can use. But to a lesser degree i also believe that Mir has sparked interest in some readers by way of the intrigue surrounding it and Wayland.
            People seem to have forgotten that Canonical said they'd be running on Wayland. Then for 9+ months they developed Mir in secret, while not contributing anymore to Wayland. If they'd said something about it, that would be fine. Due to the secrecy, you assume the public commitment towards Wayland is still going to come through. Only 9+ months later you notice it won't happen so the slack is picked up.

Mir speeding up Wayland is a stupid way of summarizing things.

Comment

Working...
            X