Wayland's Weston Gets Systemd Notification Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
    Unless I hit a bug in systemd itself, where I first have to learn C to get it working as it should or hope that it is fixed upstream in a timely manner, while any system administrator should be able to fix a shell script or at least implement a workaround.
    I have worked as a system admin for years and the idea that shell scrips are somehow more easily debbugable just isn't true. They are convulted and messy and lack any kind of real debugging tools. Besides there are tons of critical components written in C including the kernel and glibc and sysadmins deal with bugs in them just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      And there is plenty of documentation about it. But that is not what I am talking about. With RHEL 7 we will see the first massive deployment of systemd in professional server environments, where stability and reliability is magnitudes more important than boot times, and we have yet to see how that works out.
      It'll be the first massive deployment of systemd period.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        It'll be the first massive deployment of systemd period.
        Desktop distributions have a lot more users than RHEL does.

Comment

Honestly I'm not certain. I havent looked into it so I'm not aware of the facts. It seemed logical to me that desktop linux market share is tiny, but server linux market share is massive... How that correlates between one another I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            Honestly I'm not certain. I havent looked into it so I'm not aware of the facts. It seemed logical to me that desktop linux market share is tiny, but server linux market share is massive... How that correlates between one another I don't know.
            Even very conservative estimates of Linux on the desktop exceeds the number of subscribed customers for RHEL by far. There is no doubt about that at all. The logical problem with your preimise is because you are conflating the Linux server market with RHEL market. In the commercial distros market, RHEL is a leader but there are tons of servers out there running on CentOS, Debian etc including hosting providers and Amazon VMI's

Comment

lol

MIR was a good decision, finaly wayland is improving and developing lol, some bad things come to good

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                MIR was a good decision, finaly wayland is improving and developing lol, some bad things come to good
                This is just a false notion. Wayland was improved all along and Mir itself was build on all the advancement done for Wayland. You are probably just noticing it more now.

Comment

maybe

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                  This is just a false notion. Wayland was improved all along and Mir itself was build on all the advancement done for Wayland. You are probably just noticing it more now.
                  maybe you are certain but maybe competition are a good thing and not a bad. need to wait to see who wins or if both projects have success in the end the users will decide =D, i?m not a fanboy and i don t want choose sides before see final results, but is really nice the dev from both display servers xorg needs a end.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                    maybe you are certain but maybe competition are a good thing
                    Competition is fine and if you had stopped with stating that, that would be ok but claiming that Mir is speeding up Wayland development is factually inaccurate. There is no basis for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                      Competition is fine and if you had stopped with stating that, that would be ok but claiming that Mir is speeding up Wayland development is factually inaccurate. There is no basis for it.
                      only my impression nothing more, i?m not claiming nothing ;p but something i have no doubt wayland devs are a lot more motivated now (natural response from all normal ppl)

Comment

Working...
                      X