X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explicit sync is a huge milestone!

This community is sad

Edit: troll comments are being removed. Finally
    Last edited by Kjell; 21 March 2024, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Imagine if you could drag-and-drop a tab from Chrome into Firefox.

I have the problem that I cannot drag-and-drop files from File-Roller into Nautilus.

Comment

Only three more years and the Wayland protocol is old enough to have sex.
        Maybe it will have catched up with the Windows 95 features at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Imagine if you could drag-and-drop a tab from Chrome into Firefox.

I have the problem that I cannot drag-and-drop files from File-Roller into Nautilus.
          That's just GNOME being GNOME,
          switch to a different Desktop Environment and their respective equivalents, and it will work. Doesn't matter if wayland or xorg.

Comment

I saw in one of the related bug reports that the 555 nvidia series driver with support needed will come sometime in May probably.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post

That's just GNOME being GNOME,
              switch to a different Desktop Environment and their respective equivalents, and it will work. Doesn't matter if wayland or xorg.
              There are issues with drag-and-drop between Dolphin and Firefox on Plasma 6 too (they were present in Plasma 5 so it's not a recent regression).

Comment

agd5f

Is linux-drm-syncobj something AMD could tap into to provide VSR, Radeon Super Resolution, to Wayland desktops? Possibly other features, too, but now that I have a better GPU to utilize it, not having Super Resolution is something I'm starting to notice on anything that isn't GPU bound; desktop use and gaming. It really helps with font rendering on Windows.

That's not a request or anything like that. Just a curiosity and why I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by equeim View Post

There are issues with drag-and-drop between Dolphin and Firefox on Plasma 6 too (they were present in Plasma 5 so it's not a recent regression).
                  What issues? The only ones I'm aware of is that you can't drag and drop a file from Ark directly into a Dolphin tab that is not the currently active one, and that a hidden panel does not unhide itself when you begin dragging a file. Both of these are Plasma UX issues, not Wayland issues, and they also have nothing to do with Firefox per se.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

What issues? The only ones I'm aware of is that you can't drag and drop a file from Ark directly into a Dolphin tab that is not the currently active one, and that a hidden panel does not unhide itself when you begin dragging a file. Both of these are Plasma UX issues, not Wayland issues, and they also have nothing to do with Firefox per se.
                    Dragging a file from Dolphin into Firefox on a page that accepts drag&drop (to upload files) is buggy. It won't accept the drop and your cursor will be stuck in the wrong state until you click somewhere. There is a workaround - you need to alt-tab back to Dolphin and then again to Firefox while holding onto file you are dragging, then drop will work. There are already open bugs on KDE buhtracker about that.

Comment

Originally posted by equeim View Post

Dragging a file from Dolphin into Firefox on a page that accepts drag&drop (to upload files) is buggy. It won't accept the drop and your cursor will be stuck in the wrong state until you click somewhere. There is a workaround - you need to alt-tab back to Dolphin and then again to Firefox while holding onto file you are dragging, then drop will work. There are already open bugs on KDE buhtracker about that.
                      I did not experience this on my KDE machine, but maybe i just don't use it enough and didn't notice.
                      However, what i did experience was issues with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V images into inputs that accepts those. Not just with firefox, but in general.
                      It's like a gamble with a decent chance of failure.

Comment

Working...
                      X