Hyprland Wayland Compositor Celebrates Two Years With A New Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

In the south it's going like this: I went to grab some hamburger meat earlier today and some old white guy in his 60s or 70s wearing a red hat went off on a tirade about how masks don't work and are a conspiracy, about how I should respect his space so I don't get him sick, and that I was an impatient prick for not waiting on him to make his selection. I came within 1 foot of him for less than 3 seconds.

After his rant I simply replied, "Go fuck yourself."

That's when he went, "Oh, so that's how it's going to be? You're just some meth-addled R word." and he kind of chuckled like he was feeling all smug of himself.

I responded with, "I don't do drugs and I have better things to do than deal with this." and left him there ranting out about who knows what because I was on the phone with my Mom talking about what groceries she needed and I was all out of fucks to give.

Yeah, I have 420 in my username and yeah and do smoke some weed, but I haven't touched alcohol for 9 years or hard drugs for 18 (which includes doctor prescribed pain medicine).
    His mistake was thinking any rando in the street gives a fuck about what he thinks. He wasn't wrong about masks not working, at least in the sense they've been trying to sell us on it during covid (if you're sick and wear a mask, it'll make you less likely to infect others, it's a fact that's been known for ages, people in east asia have been wearing masks when sick since decades ago, it's particularly prominient in japan because it's just considered common courtesy to do it there if you're sick); if yo uwear a mask it won't help you avoid any illnesses at all, this is also what should have been a well known and established fact so idk, maybe he was on to something about masks being a conspiracy, or maybe the people in power are just dumb as bricks and didn't do any research on it before tossing out mask mandates.

But no, if you were wearing a mask and were sick and he didn't wanna get sick too, it's up to him to keep his distance from you, not the other way around; because it's all in his head anyways. People in the west were always without masks (sick or not sick) until 2019,and it wasn't a problem, if u got the flu, then u got the flu, no big deal. I started, indeed, when I notice people are coughing or wearing masks or with some indication of being sick, to avoid getting too close to them. But this is new behavior, i didn't do this before the nonsensical covid craze. It's like we've been conditioned to fear sickness when we used to not give two fucks about it during the so called pandemic. Was that a conspiracy? maybe.

But at least i know it's more of an issue inside my head than a real one, most people, like I said, are as fallible as vaxry claimed to be, they don't even think twice about shit like this, they can be maneuverd into changing ther personality this way without even stopping to think abuot it or question it for 2 seconds. So yeah. That describes the state of the world today pretty well i suppose, sounds like the south is just as bad as anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

His mistake was thinking any rando in the street gives a fuck about what he thinks. He wasn't wrong about masks not working, at least in the sense they've been trying to sell us on it during covid (if you're sick and wear a mask, it'll make you less likely to infect others, it's a fact that's been known for ages, people in east asia have been wearing masks when sick since decades ago, it's particularly prominient in japan because it's just considered common courtesy to do it there if you're sick); if yo uwear a mask it won't help you avoid any illnesses at all, this is also what should have been a well known and established fact so idk, maybe he was on to something about masks being a conspiracy, or maybe the people in power are just dumb as bricks and didn't do any research on it before tossing out mask mandates.

But no, if you were wearing a mask and were sick and he didn't wanna get sick too, it's up to him to keep his distance from you, not the other way around; because it's all in his head anyways. People in the west were always without masks (sick or not sick) until 2019,and it wasn't a problem, if u got the flu, then u got the flu, no big deal. I started, indeed, when I notice people are coughing or wearing masks or with some indication of being sick, to avoid getting too close to them. But this is new behavior, i didn't do this before the nonsensical covid craze. It's like we've been conditioned to fear sickness when we used to not give two fucks about it during the so called pandemic. Was that a conspiracy? maybe.

But at least i know it's more of an issue inside my head than a real one, most people, like I said, are as fallible as vaxry claimed to be, they don't even think twice about shit like this, they can be maneuverd into changing ther personality this way without even stopping to think abuot it or question it for 2 seconds. So yeah. That describes the state of the world today pretty well i suppose, sounds like the south is just as bad as anywhere else.
      No one was wearing a mask. I don't know if he was sick in public and projecting or what, but no one was wearing a mask. I got too close to him and violated his safe space. That was it.

FWIW, I waited behind him for 10 seconds and watched him pick up one hamburger meat to look at it, set it back down, pick up a 2nd one, look at it, put it back down, and as he was going for his third pack of hamburger meat I reached in, picked one up, and put it in my cart. All the packs he picked up were the same variety and weight. I don't know what he was comparing or trying to figure out. It's hamburger meat at Walmart. It hasn't changed packaging in like 15 years. Damn looky-loos.

Masks do work as a preventative measure. Both when you're sick and not sick. We've know masks have worked for hundreds of years. They're not 100% effective, but neither is anything else. It didn't help that those elastic masks became popular and that those "masks" didn't filter diseases since they're made in a way that spreads diseases worse by breaking them into smaller particles which was followed by people using elastic mask science or random fabric mask science like it was true for actual medical grade masks. They were cherry picking science.

People in the west have worn masks in medical settings for quite a while because they work. It's trying to get people to do that in more places to help others that's difficult in a "free" society where a lot of people are genuinely stupid, uneducated, and proud of their stupidity. Most people in the west don't wear masks because they see having to wear a mask to help others as infringing on their freedumb. Since there wasn't a punishment for breaking that rule/regulation, not masking was their way of being a rebel and sticking it to the man. Punishment-free rebels. One step beyond "Thoughts and Prayers". Well, punishment-free from the government. Diseases did punish them into death so now they are thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        Masks do work as a preventative measure. Both when you're sick and not sick. We've know masks have worked for hundreds of years.
        Yes, but not just any old mask. Masks in hospital settings in the west until very recently were only worn by surgeons and surgical staff to prevent stuff from their mouths getting anywhere near someone who's about to get (or was already) cut open, (same concept as a preventative measure to prevent others from getting sick when you yourself are sick).

They have not worn masks to avoid getting sick themselves for decades because it doesn't work. You need a really heavy duty mask for it to do anything of the sort, like we're talking gas mask tier stuff.

This is one of the major things hazmat suits exist for.

I assume when you say "centuries" you're referring to plague doctor masks? Well, the idea behind the plague doctor outfit was the same as the hazmat suit, every inch of skin sealed up and a mask that filters the air. Only problem was, the masks didn't filter the air, it was a valiant effort, filling them with herbs for the purpose of filtering the air from harmful 'stuff' (which they didn't know much about at the time) so these suits didn't actually work. I mean the skin covering probably helped them avoid sickness a bit, but the masks did jack shit for them.

Now if these elaborate, huge masks plague doctors wore expressly designed to filter contaminants out of the air didn't help them. What makes people think some flimsy piece of cloth is gonna do anything?

Wearing masks to avoid getting sick is dumb, unless ur actually talking about fully sealed air filtering masks, such as gas masks (in which case it's more extreme than dumb), wearing masks to avoid getting others sick is just polite, like you said it's not a 100%, but it reduces the range at which you're likely to infect others by quite a lot, it's just sadly not something that's been ingrained into western civilization like it has been in some of the eastern ones

Comment

Working...
        X