Hyprland Wayland Compositor Celebrates Two Years With A New Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyprland Wayland Compositor Celebrates Two Years With A New Release

Phoronix: Hyprland Wayland Compositor Celebrates Two Years With A New Release

The Hyprland customizable Wayland compositor with dynamic tiling is celebrating its two year milestone by issuing v0.37 (and a v0.37.1 paper bag release)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Isn't hyprland "cancelled" because the devs are, like, sooo evil or something

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post
      One of the main devs admitted he's politically naive and gullible, so probably could be convinced that genocide is a good idea and has since been the victim of harassment online and cancel culture with being called all kinds of names.

People aren't allowed to be fallible anymore.​

Comment

Looks like they revamped their website as well. I've been playing a little with Hyprland, seems pretty nice, another wlroots-based tiling manager. Have not dug in too deep, but have customized the basic configuration file some.

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post
          Humans are not all mature enough to handle politics, it's a grand responsibility both internally and externally. But at least the code seem to be alright.

Either way I don't care, natural selection will solve this (the either party either learn or they continue and find out..).

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
            Humans are not all mature enough to handle politics, it's a grand responsibility both internally and externally. But at least the code seem to be alright.

Either way I don't care, natural selection will solve this (the either party either learn or they continue and find out..).
            I'd say well put. I have noticed this with the overall political climate these days. I myself had no clue what the heck was going on these last few years, decided I had to dig deep and figure out for myself what I felt and believe, and ultimately work to think for myself. I just try and be a decent person but also allow myself to have boundaries against the outside world. It is a growing process and hard sometimes given all that is out there. But it can lead to a greater and healthier sense of self, glad I embarked on that journey.

Comment

Hyprland is pretty good but I switched back to sway in laptop due to better battery life specially with WLR vulkan backend(even though it is buggy), also Firefox, steam break a lot in Hyprland. I hope it becomes more stable with time

Comment

Now vaxry just needs to stop being transphobic and allowing bigotry and toxicity in his community and official dev channels. He harassed a transgender autistic person. Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ehansin View Post

I'd say well put. I have noticed this with the overall political climate these days. I myself had no clue what the heck was going on these last few years, decided I had to dig deep and figure out for myself what I felt and believe, and ultimately work to think for myself. I just try and be a decent person but also allow myself to have boundaries against the outside world. It is a growing process and hard sometimes given all that is out there. But it can lead to a greater and healthier sense of self, glad I embarked on that journey.
                  So it's one of these days on Phoronix.

The problem is you don't even have to dig deep to find what sounds like some crazy shit. One of the front runners is wanting to be dictator for a day. You know who else wanted to be dictator for a day? Fucking Caesar. We all know how well the Roman Republic is doing these days

But that's the literally the biggest problem. Anyone who says out loud, "A former US president is trying to become an American dictator" genuinely sounds like they're saying something that someone high on meth would come up with. You repeat those things and the people who don't watch the news or the rallies think you're the crazy one and not the guy who can barely make coherent sentence rambling on about wanting to be dictator for a day. If you show them clips of it, they think it's AI and Fake News. If you show them things made with AI they think it's fact because it conforms to their worldview. Them/People means undecided voters and those who don't keep up with politics.

Then there's the actual believers of it. They follow a guy who says and does everything that goes against what's in their precious Constitutions and Bibles. The whole Christian Nationalist movement scares the fuck out of me.
                  Last edited by skeevy420; 17 March 2024, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I'm not going to quote the whole thing, but a lot of factions don't sit well with me these days. And I will agree, the "Christian Nationalist" movement is not something I would touch with a ten-foot pole. Same could be said for a lot of groups out there these days. I try and just focus on what is good and hope more and more people do the same. In the end, I'm pretty moderate on most things, and just try to live my life as an example (I'm not perfect, but I do try.) I'll leave my politics to that.

Comment

Working...
                    X