No announcement yet.

Hyprland Wayland Compositor Celebrates Two Years With A New Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand in solidarity with whoever changed they's pronouns to who cares.

The right to exist without discrimination and hatred is intentionally conflated with what is essentially a narcissistic gaslighting campaign. It's two entirely different things.

If I went around making everything about my heterosexuality all the time I'd be called a creep and rightfully so. Your sexuality and identity issues is your business. Shoving it in everyone's face all the time and demanding that they learn and follow the rules you made up for your sexual roleplay and then convening war-crime tribunals for "trans genocide" every time somebody pushes back or god forbid cracks wise about how obviously absurd the whole thing is makes YOU the enemy of people who ACTUALLY just want to exist and be left alone without hatred and harassment.

Let me repeat that. Your narcissistic victimhood-seeking gaslighting campaign makes YOU the enemy of actually sincere people who just want to be accepted and live their life.

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
      What’s wild is I didn’t even say anything objectively disparaging, I was tacitly advocating for equal access to freedom, the subjectivity of humor, and objective reasoning (chromosomal sex determinism). I said nothing about people’s orientation being wrong.

The mere hint that double standards mean there are no standards (which is nihilism taken to the extreme for a thinking person), lack of scientific credibility for assertions, **notice I even used they/their pronouns in my replies** and the replies were still unhinged.

Anecdotally, “believing things that are objectively false” or whatever I said: hypothesis confirmed. Reality detachment campaign working.

Literally I used their preferred pronouns and the respondents were too busy indulging their perpetual psychiatric emergencies to realize that my assertions were completely congruent with the belief that people can choose to live how they want to live and identify however they want, what they can’t do is **force** others (compelled speech) to reinforce what is by definition a delusion.

Reinforcing delusions isn’t compassionate, it’s Munchausen by Proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post

The right to exist without discrimination and hatred is intentionally conflated with what is essentially a narcissistic gaslighting campaign. It's two entirely different things.

If I went around making everything about my heterosexuality all the time I'd be called a creep and rightfully so. Your sexuality and identity issues is your business. Shoving it in everyone's face all the time and demanding that they learn and follow the rules you made up for your sexual roleplay and then convening war-crime tribunals for "trans genocide" every time somebody pushes back or god forbid cracks wise about how obviously absurd the whole thing is makes YOU the enemy of people who ACTUALLY just want to exist and be left alone without hatred and harassment.

Let me repeat that. Your narcissistic victimhood-seeking gaslighting campaign makes YOU the enemy of actually sincere people who just want to be accepted and live their life.
        reposting nicer worded for unapproved bot

The cursed LGBT movement who wrongfully pretend to represent said people make normal people hate all homosexual folk, then cry about people hating LGBT people. They do it on purpose so they can drum up attention. Probably to make up for the lack of attention they had as children. All the rainbow toting folk who pretend to represent everyone can go off themselves in a ditch, (Though allegedly it will happen by rope first)

Comment

Ah... Vaxry posted like 10 screenshots from this thread on his discord and that's why all the "interesting" comments here

Comment

this is vaxry's comment on the transphobia allegations, for anyone interested. https://blog.vaxry.net/articles/2023-hyprlandsCommunity

He seems to really care about his community, I'll say that much - and it doesn't seem like they tolerate transphobia? I guess I'll find out when I try interacting with them.

EDIT: I see trans flags in the discord lol. this is not a transphobic place.
            Last edited by Noitatsidem; 18 March 2024, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Movements commonly regarded as underground elsewhere have become sort overground, vocal and sacred in America...

I am totally in for exterminating "he" and "she" and leave only "they" as the pronoun for human in English, as genders cannot be known beforehand, starting with the Web and now also offline, and only one pronoun for human is also a lot easier to learn. I myself use "he" and "she" on the Web only sparingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post
                this is vaxry's comment on the transphobia allegations, for anyone interested. https://blog.vaxry.net/articles/2023-hyprlandsCommunity

He seems to really care about his community, I'll say that much - and it doesn't seem like they tolerate transphobia? I guess I'll find out when I try interacting with them.

EDIT: I see trans flags in the discord lol. this is not a transphobic place.
                Any Discord servers content is going to be utter garbage given the casual converse the platform promotes. Honestly FOSS probably shouldn't use it for professional usage.

Here's another post regarding some of the harrassment

These people aren't even the liberals they make out to be, there's nothing liberal about cancel culture. There's arse holes on all sides of any political spectrum, these people are using social causes and imbalances as an excuse to get kicks out of trying to ruin peoples lives.

Comment

I know this is a Linux tech site, and I haven't posted much at all as I usually just read and move on, my background is a retired process control admin for a metals company where one of my jobs was Unix mainframe support, Politics and tech sites don't really go together in my view as the tech gets watered down eventually.

But I couldn't resist and looked up Christan Nationalist, I grew up going to church with my grandma and somewhat with my family and then just went every now and then these days. I know that the church is full of inexcusable behavior as per the Catholic priest abusive behavior and then the Tammy Faye Baker etc. money rising schemes.

The search results I got back on a quick scan of the results were mostly about Jan 6 and President Trump. Whatever your views I believe it's better to air them in a political forum. Most people are just trying to lead as normal a life as possible and aren't part of a movement nor are they belittling any one's life choices.

Comment

Originally posted by will_mckinnon View Post

While we don't have a vulkan backend (yet), I'd encourage you to check out SwayFX if you miss the compositor effects
                    thanks I am trying to push battery life on some local arm laptop, so more compositor effects might not good for battery life, I will try again when Qualcomm ELite X laptop

Comment

Originally posted by opticblu View Post

2. You’re right, you don’t. In fact, most paraphilias don’t involve denial that females have XX chromosomes, and males have XY chromosomes. There are lab tests to verify chromosomal sex determination when unsure. “Trust the science, right?”
                      ​​​​​​​^^ literally ‘abuse’
                      Read this as a basic on why XY doesn't imply male anatomy and XX doesn't imply female anatomy. And there are a lot of other possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                      X