Hyprland Wayland Compositor Celebrates Two Years With A New Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedonist View Post
    Now vaxry just needs to stop being transphobic and allowing bigotry and toxicity in his community and official dev channels. He harassed a transgender autistic person. Not cool.
    Source?

Comment

Now vaxry just needs to stop being transphobic and allowing bigotry and toxicity in his community and official dev channels. He harassed a transgender autistic person. Not cool.
      Since all those words are so watered down these days, can you link to said harassments and bigotry?

Comment

Originally posted by ehansin View Post
        another wlroots-based tiling manager
        Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by primary View Post

Source?
          Go to Hyprland discord and search for "tranny"

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

One of the main devs admitted he's politically naive and gullible, so probably could be convinced that genocide is a good idea and has since been the victim of harassment online and cancel culture with being called all kinds of names.

People aren't allowed to be fallible anymore.​
            Most of humanity is about that fallible though, the majority of the western world are on a rollercoaster hellride courtesy of either the left or right sided political movements. Both sides are so hilariously wrong it's kinda depressing people fall for any of it. But they do, in droves. I'm not sure how it's like in the east or the south, but probably not any better.

Also Hyprland is pretty great, i've been using it and have been consistently impressed with just how quick broken shit gets fixed in it.​

Comment

I'm just now finding out about this after being really interested in the project. How sad.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

Most of humanity is about that fallible though, the majority of the western world are on a rollercoaster hellride courtesy of either the left or right sided political movements. Both sides are so hilariously wrong it's kinda depressing people fall for any of it. But they do, in droves. I'm not sure how it's like in the east or the south, but probably not any better.

Also Hyprland is pretty great, i've been using it and have been consistently impressed with just how quick broken shit gets fixed in it.​
                In the south it's going like this: I went to grab some hamburger meat earlier today and some old white guy in his 60s or 70s wearing a red hat went off on a tirade about how masks don't work and are a conspiracy, about how I should respect his space so I don't get him sick, and that I was an impatient prick for not waiting on him to make his selection. I came within 1 foot of him for less than 3 seconds.

After his rant I simply replied, "Go fuck yourself."

That's when he went, "Oh, so that's how it's going to be? You're just some meth-addled R word." and he kind of chuckled like he was feeling all smug of himself.

I responded with, "I don't do drugs and I have better things to do than deal with this." and left him there ranting out about who knows what because I was on the phone with my Mom talking about what groceries she needed and I was all out of fucks to give.

Yeah, I have 420 in my username and yeah and do smoke some weed, but I haven't touched alcohol for 9 years or hard drugs for 18 (which includes doctor prescribed pain medicine).

Comment

That is so nice of you that he has just to do some readjustments of his opinions to be allowed to cater to you.

Comment

Onto the topic of the actual article, Hyprland seems cool but it annoys me that people who use it turn around and yell at distros like Arch that include it because they're not updating their packages every other day. God forbid they be running "old code" for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by luno View Post
                      Hyprland is pretty good but I switched back to sway in laptop due to better battery life specially with WLR vulkan backend(even though it is buggy), also Firefox, steam break a lot in Hyprland. I hope it becomes more stable with time
                      While we don't have a vulkan backend (yet), I'd encourage you to check out SwayFX if you miss the compositor effects

Comment

Working...
                      X