Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayland Protocols 1.33 Released With DMA-BUF Stable, Adds Transient Seat Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
    The funniest part is there isnt really any such thing as closed source any more, decompilers are so advanced these days that even the most funky of obfuscation can be pretty easily turned back into human readable (and recompilable) source.
    The only "true" examples of closed source these days are server side services where the binaries never go anywhere near the end user.
    yes true... so it is more a law problem. you are maybe not allowed by law to do this decompilers task to remove the obduscation and make it pretty easily readable for humans and recompile it.

"The only "true" examples of closed source these days are server side services where the binaries never go anywhere near the end user."

this is the same way as Google with Software as a Service beat the GPL software license
    and if we see services as ChatGPT4 more and more stuff is server side services.

i mean its horrible in 30-40 years we will maybe discover that the youth is no longer able to perform basic tasks without full dependency​ to some cloud-capital monopolist controlling everything
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
      you are maybe not allowed by law to do this decompilers task
      US has DMCA, but nowhere else does, so all the DMCA has done is helped China leap frog the US in innovation and tech, by quite a wide margin now.
      Copyright law globally already covers using it as best it can.
      Originally posted by qarium View Post
      this is the same way as Google with Software as a Service beat the GPL software license
      Depends how you look at it, Baidu has a market cap of $289.05B now, in a country where $1 has the purchasing power of $100 in the US, but that's getting to much into geopolitics which I can't talk about on a public forum.

Comment

US has DMCA, but nowhere else does, so all the DMCA has done is helped China leap frog the US in innovation and tech, by quite a wide margin now.
        Copyright law globally already covers using it as best it can.
        i see the same for many years the so called west makes laws and regulations to sapotage itself.
        politics in the west os so corrupted they for a long time now do not do politics for its citizens they only do politics agaist their citizens.

i am from germany they did develop magnetic levitation train​ here in germany and then abolished it and china did copy it and build it in china
        of course without pay any license or patent fees to germany.

Depends how you look at it, Baidu has a market cap of $289.05B now, in a country where $1 has the purchasing power of $100 in the US, but that's getting to much into geopolitics which I can't talk about on a public forum.
        i did write you a private message here on phoronix.
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
        X