Wayland-Proxy Load Balancer Helping Firefox Cope With Wayland Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post

if you know that Wayland implementation is in progress about what you complain?
    Because it's being forced in supposedly stable distros in «stable » releases by policy rather than technical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artim View Post

How stupid are you? Wayland literally just made an API for screenshots and screen recordings with the condition the user must allow it and be able to select what is to be recorded, so no app can just spy with no knowledge of the user. Pipewire is just the first implementation that other apps can use to access that API.

And I am perfectly capable of screen capturing a Wayland session with OBS. They have added pipewire support at least a year ago. I don't know if they default to Wayland, otherwise if pipewire screen capture doesn't show up for you then you know now how to solve that issue. A quick googling of literally under 1 min would have given you dozens of pages giving you that explanation. But no, you prefer ranting some nonsense and spread lies.
      I had the workaround before your intervention.
      It is ridiculous to force a specific sound server to record a screen. No amount of insulting will change that.

If it was for security, Apple did that correctly. I don't care who's fault it is and if different software projects fails to communicate between them to plan ahead. In the end the stack is not ready, even if it is the fault of one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magissia View Post

I had the workaround before your intervention.
        It is ridiculous to force a specific sound server to record a screen. No amount of insulting will change that.

If it was for security, Apple did that correctly. I don't care who's fault it is and if different software projects fails to communicate between them to plan ahead. In the end the stack is not ready, even if it is the fault of one.
        And here you go lying through your teeth. Pipewire isn't a sound server, it's a multimedia server also replacing pre-existing sound servers. And it's just the only implementation that was made, it's not like it's impossible to write a different one. In theory proabably every app could have its own implementation. But just as devs aren't stupid enough to write their own implementation for SSL and other basic functionality, as long as there's no need for it, people will use whatever exists.

And the stack isn't just ready, but even though you refuse to accept it, it has been for years, at least on Gnome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magissia View Post

Because it's being forced in supposedly stable distros in «stable » releases by policy rather than technical.
          Not what stable means. Stable does not mean that it will never get any additional features. That's called static/dead. It only means that what exists does work reliably. And that's what Wayland is doing for years now. So professional distros with a focus on stability don't all just came together for a conspiracy against their users, like you want people to think. They just see Wayland for what it is, not what you want it to be. And Wayland, the way Gnome has it implemented, has been a perfectly capable replacement of X for most likely far beyond 90 % of their users for years now. And the other two people can just select to use X on the login screen. And Gnome Wayland has been good enough to be made the default on pretty much every distro that isn't being run by morons or in cases it's being used on Nvidia hardware. And with Plasma 6.0 (or worst case 6.1) this will happen here too. For Cinnamon, Xfce, Budgie, Mate, LXQt and LXDE all have their Wayland support in progress too, even though they have much smaller dev teams. Right now, even on Unity8 aka Lomiri you can already use Wayland thanks to Canonical switching Mir to Wayland under the hood. And the Cosmic DE will not even have an X session in the first place. So Wayland isn't just ready to replace all of X and has been for years, thankfully it's unavoidable, no matter how much you dislike that fact.

Comment

Working...
          X