Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Lands Wayland Fractional Scaling Support

Phoronix: Firefox Lands Wayland Fractional Scaling Support

Mozilla Firefox has merged Wayland fractional-scale-v1 protocol support for handling fractional scaling with the web browser on the Linux desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I know this year is not the year of Linux, but oh boy the gears are sure turning now..

Comment

This is really good news! Can't wait to get a stable release with this feature enabled!

Comment

The future is now!

Comment

Hopefully this will be enabled by default at some point. Sadly a lot of newly introduced stuff remains hidden under some flag for years due to some blockers, even though stuff like Firefox native Wayland backend has been running great (better than X11 actually) for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
            Hopefully this will be enabled by default at some point. Sadly a lot of newly introduced stuff remains hidden under some flag for years due to some blockers, even though stuff like Firefox native Wayland backend has been running great (better than X11 actually) for a while now.
            Why would you rather forcefully deploy features that will cause the browser to break down for quite a big chunk of users?

Comment

Not really on topic, but what I would be interested in, if at all possible, is selectively zooming some parts of a webpage, i.e. divs that the screenshot tool in Firefox already recognizes, without affecting the overall layout, but only the layout of the elements inside the zoomed div.

Comment

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
                Unfortunately we have a lot of nvidia users with suboptimal Wayland support leading to issues with Wayland and the same users are projecting the cause onto Wayland. Spreading their "findings" all over the web. Leading to the world wide false conclusion that Wayland is not ready yet. Ibstead of blaming nvidia. Whereas AMD and Intel users have maximum the same amount of issues with Wayland as they have with X11...quite likely less. At least I have less.

Comment

I can't believe in 2023 firefox still doesn't use wayland by default in wayland sessions, even chromium browses at least have a flag inside the configs to activate it.

99% of my problems with wayland nowadays is to figure out how the hell I can activate it in the applications I use after I first install, which despite having support for it often are not activate by default.

Comment

Does this work with different scale factors on multiple monitors? Otherwise nothing really new.

Comment

Working...
                    X